Hi again

Hi all and happy holidays!!!!!!!

I am now in my rest time after one busy season, so I am enjoying some idle time back at CFL. Still see more of the same great help and thought I could request some more for us.

Just wondering what happens at the AOS interview? What are they looking for and for not?

OK any help is always appreciated and again happy holidays.

Louis

Hi all and happy holidays!!!!!!!

I am now in my rest time after one busy season, so I am enjoying some idle time back at CFL.  Still see more of the same great help and thought I could request some more for us.

Just wondering what happens at the AOS interview?  What are they looking for and for not?

OK any help is always appreciated and again happy holidays.

Louis

Nat:

I like your sig. I wish our most frequent posters would learn that we don't need every single detail that ever happened and in a long list. Yours has some old info, but at least it doesn't take up half a page.

Moral of the story: keep it timely, if you filed an I-129F 18 months ago, your information is useless. If you received a P-3 1 year ago, who cares, it is old history.

Trim the sigs and keep it current and to the point. Of course, I don't have 2,000 plus posts in 6 months, therefore I am ignorant. Current information will benefit those that are waiting. Ancient history is useless.

I think the timelines give an important perspective to the whole process. The variables of how quickly the different Service centers process files, they provide a good reference to others and when some one asks a question it is alot easier to help when you know where they are coming from. Also John would not have been able to compile the P-3 to P-4 list, we all like so much, if he did not have the timelines for reference.

Each step is like a battle that is won toward the final Victory :D and ancient history can help if people take the time to read it, when we ignore what has happened in the past we tend to make the same mistakes over again.

I agree with Gene. Maybe my signature line is lengthy but it gives the new people some perspective on where we have been and what they can expect. Every battle won was hard fought. If the powers that be decree that my signature line is too long then I will change it. Otherwise scroll on.

You are right Darrell. It got off track.

Nat the AOS interview is pretty straight forward but probably varies greatly from place to place and the interviewing officer. Pretty much take everything you already have plus the new stuff they ask for. The most important is probably proof that you really are living together and have evidence to show a common household. Utility bills in both names, bank statements, insurance papers, titles, deeds, etc. If your wifes english is less than perfect I would recomend taking a translator. The american Spouse is not supposed to translate and if the interviewing officer feels your spouse is not up to the task they will ask you to come back with one. There will be some govt mumble jumble about the conditions of the green card to explain. Probably you won't get to talk much at all. The interviewer mainly questions the intending immigrant. They may very well test her with some trick to see if she knows something they feel she should. For instance the VO handed Bing a piece of paper and told her to write her address and phone number on it. Also she asked her when we met even though she had the info right in front of her.

Good luck.

Sorry Darrell, Just one more comment on the timelines.

We had this same topic come up a few weeks ago. I suggested trimming the lines down too and after inputs from other members, I decided to write down my timeline in detail. The details and information we share is the main benefit of coming to CFL.

I love this forum !!

Got my answers and some lively debate (which I happen to like).

THanks for the answers on the aos interview. Now I feel like we can prepare better. My wifes english is less than perfect but so is mine!! I will brief her on what they may ask and I may need to rephrase their questions in english (or a little mandarin) she understands. But then she will be able to answer in english.

As for the timelines, I think some are to long BUT when I was in limbo a few times I sure did appreciate getting a detailed sense of what/when other people did or did not get. The one thing that bothers me is when the they are different colors, different fonts, etc. So anyways my feeling is too much is better than nothing.

Either way thanks for the responses!