Hi all,

When I visited my fiance back in Dec. 2003 I decided to stay. I just didn't want to be away from my girl. So we applied for the fiance visa in March and I got a teaching job and am still here. We've left China once for a vacation and I have three times for conferences.

We just sent off our signed P3 paperwork to Guangzhou in Dec 04.

I still refer to my stateside address as my "permanent address." It is.

Question: Will it be a problem for the consulate that I am living and working in China when they interview her?

Another detail; I should have a signed contract with a state-side university by the time she interviews assuming Gaungzhou is shceduling interviews 3-6 months after p3s are received.

Final detail: for financial purposes, I'll have my aunt submit a I-134 along with mine.

Any advice on these circumstances would be greatly appreciated.

Chad

Hello:

Chad, seems like we are in similiar situation. I am also working and living in China, we are doing the K1 and our timeline is about 2 months before yours.

It is absolutely no problem if u are living in China- in fact I think it might make a relationship "more valid" in a VO's eyes.

If your P3 was recieved in December yr P4 should be around June or July, I think.

I am also having my dad co-sponsor my fiance cuz as an English teacher I am way below poverty level.

It sounds like u guys are right on track, now you just have to wait!

Hope that helps,

Amber

One thing to consider though - make sure that your fiancee is clear on your stateside address (your permanent address) and your ties to it.

This was a problem for someone recently (do a search for "domicile" if you want all the details).

Remember that fiancee visas are for people who intend to go to the U.S. to get married, and then proceed to live in the U.S. You can always live outside the country later, but there are AOS, advanced parol and green card issues to consider.

This places American citizens who marry foreigners and intend to live overseas in a bit of a difficult situation. I have a friend who married a woman in China who doesn't intend to return back to the U.S. for a while (although I think he will eventually). Anyway, his wife has never been able a visitor visa (B2) because the Consulate thinks she plans to immigrate. He can't go the K3 route since he doesn't plan to return to the U.S. for a while, and he would need to do so to complete the procedures.

Li and I lived together in China for five years prior to returning to the States. The fact that I had been living in China did not have any negative impact on the interview. In fact, it was more of a positive in that we had so much evidence that our relationship was legit.

I don't think you will experience any problems just because you live in China. Best of luck to you! :D

I am also on this bandwagon. Its good to hear some postivie effects. Like others I chose to leave the job in US and be with her teaching in China.

I must also mention some of my "to do list" of a definite plan to return to United States that I am preparing for that part of the interview. Of course this will also go along with my proof of relataionship and financial support.

US Permanent address shown with

Bank account statements

401 statements

Credit card statements

Present school loan statements.

Taxes filed even if I made under the min with my adresss

receipts of boxes I am sending home via post with her and my belongs from china

Email correspodence with parents of future wedding plans

Letter from friend who owns a buiness promising employment upon my return.

Proof of my plane tickect one she gets her interview date

My dad as a co-sponser with the I-134.

Statements from my school with stamps I am teaching as a temporary

more if I can think of anything else.

I have been here 2 years now to the day. I am looking foward to going home in US. Its really SUCKs here in the winter. Even in the south.

Another Xmas with little or no heat.

Hi All

Thanks for the advice.

So my fiance should know our permanant address in New Mexico. Also, since my aunt is co-sponsoring her, perhaps she should know my aunt's permanent address in Minnesota. I will also provide...

-my I-134

-my tax statements (under poverty level do to the fact that I was in school)

-My bank statements

-proof I was in graduate school

-my aun't I-134

-letters and emails from family about our engagment

-engagement party photos from shanghai

-photos with me and her visiting her family in yangzhou

-more and more select photos of us co-habitating

-select emails between us before I came here talking about getting married

-proof that I worked in China (my teaching contract, bank statements)

-proof of how we will transfer our savings to the US

-our engagement rings with receipts

-a NEW teaching contract stateside once I land a job there showing income, benefits, etc...

-a signed and witnessed statement of us intending to marry each other

Anything otehr recommendations would be appreciated. Best to you all.

Chad And Tong