No news on our case....

Hi, just wanted to let you know that at this point I'm so dissapointed with this whole visa process, never imagined that after doing things in the most meticulous way, we would still fall in this hole. Next thursday will be 5 months after our name check started, my all hopes were on having my most loved one home around January or at the most on February, to be able to celebrate our 3 years together. My Congressman's aide contacted GZ and the FBI, the first one assuring that the interview will be granted once the name check is completed, the last one not having an idea on when the process will end, talk about efficiency. I've faxed and e-mailed the FBI without any success, it seems they don't care anymore about our inquiries.

The feeling of abandonment is strong, my fiance is losing hope and my heart is in total despair. Only thing that keeps me going is that I will see him in 23 more days!!! And even though the end of the nightmare seems so far away, I will bring with me this time all the evidence needed for the interview, I've prepared a photo album of us together, but my concern is that they will not allow it inside of the Consulate, what is the best way to do this??? I've heard in other threads that all the evidence must be placed inside of transparent folders. Thanks for your advise.

You are correct about transparent folders. Just get one of those clear plastic expandable folders and put the photos inside a clear plastic sleeve and organize your evidence folder much like you would a file cabinet ie ,photos in one birth certificates in another, divorce papers if applicable in another etc etc etc.

The feeling of abandonment is strong, my fiance is losing hope and my heart is in total despair.

Hi Mari,

That's great news that you'll be seeing your sweetie in 23 days!! I'm sure you are very excited about that :P

As for the wait, it IS bearable. By no means do I want to start a "I've waited longer than you thread", but you "only" submitted your petition back in March! It hasn't even been a year yet. It takes most couples at least one year for the whole process (from filing to flying). Usually longer. And most other couples make it!

They find a way to endure. They find a way to cope. They find a way to keep the relationship strong.

By no means is the one-year mark an omen of doom or anything. You're not in a hole, you're just in line. If we can do it, so can you!!! :P

Look at it this way, you were (ARE!) then envy of most because you were able to file through VSC, and yes, your paperwork flew throught there at lightning speed. I can understand how the long wait now seems unbearable now, especially after whizzing through VSC, but just ge glad that you were able to go through VSC, otherwise you might still be waiting for the P3!

Our case took 14 months. Yours might take that long too. That would be May 2005. Get used to it :D Then imagine what a delightfully pleasant surprise you will have when his interview is in March!

If it helps any check my time line below. Of course we are frustrated and tired of waiting but we knew going into this it could take up to a year or more. Just keep in mind, the end is a lot closer than it was in March. You have an investment in the process, and most important, the good things in life are worth waiting for.

It is a good possibility we will meet in GZ in February. :P

It is a good possibility we will meet in GZ in February.  :P

I hope you are right Martytb. Its all a matter of timing. I hope the next batch of P4s will come out before Christmas. That would be a nice Christmas present and surely enough to keep us very excited and busy for the holidays. Then, I hope our interviews are before the Chinese New Year.

A lot of us seem to be on the same timeline. Let's hope we get our interviews before the Chinese New Year and then we can all celebrate the Chinese New Year together. Do you think they are planning on it that way? I sure hope so. One more batch before the New Years. That would be wonderful.

-jim and Ningning

Thank you all for your support, I realize there have been couples with a much longer wait, but it's very hard to see others who filed one and a half month behind us, getting an interview in January, and what worries me the most is that GZ has confirmed that there will not be any interview for us until the name check is cleared. It just scares me to death to think that the name check never gets completed, it's a terrible feeling. Sylvia, I always tell Qisheng that we will finally get it, that I don't know of any unresolved case, but deep inside I'm also very scared, if only I knew that the name check is done, then my mind will be in peace and the wait will be bearable.

I am sorry about your situation.

And no, it is *not* fair.

On the GZ website, it clearly says that the process will take 3-5 months for an IV from when the first get the documents. This means from the time that DHL places them there. If people from the consulate are not going over to physically pick them up (as compared to the Chinese gov't holding them, and we all know that they will not pick them up too frequently as they already have enough to deal with), then that is already ticking off of the 3-5 months time.

And given the fact that the world-wide average based on State Department statistics is a mere 2-4 months, from the time the NOA-1 is issued, this is intolerable.

It has caused me great frustration, on and off depression, and a feeling of wanting to learn what happened to the US that I was taught about in High School, as it seems that the US from those days does not exist anymore in my mind in ways.

I am grateful that there is a process and that I will hopefully, sometime soon, be able to have a chance to be reunited, forever, with my darling precious!

But, I was told a story by a guy from Holland who is engaged to a lady from China, and he said that after 3 weeks of waiting, and filing a few documents, that a 180 day visa was issued for her to come and visit him. Then they spent the time together, got married, and it took only about 1 month for her to have some type of pass issued which seems to be similar to a US green card, but for the EU nations. Why is it that Europe (or at least Holland in this case) can seem to do this with so much more efficiency?

But, at least there is hope that we can all, someday, be together, and that we are so lucky to have met such perfect and amazing people for us to live with and share our lives with.

Mari, good luck! Everyone, good luck!

LeLe

Lele,

I agree with you... this process is completely unfair. It is wrong to keep families and loved ones apart indefinitely. It is wrong that interviewers have been denying visas without looking at all of the evidence, especially after a couple has waited over a year for an interview.... imagine the heartbreak. And it is wrong that there is NO oversight nor accountability whatsoever.

But our situation has a historical basis. Do you remember the "Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882"? The Chinese were the first ethnic group ever banned from immigrating to the United States, and this act was only repealed in 1943 by the Magnuson Act. I learned that in high school.

Unfortunately, our voting numbers are few... so we do not have much leverage against existing prejudices. But we need to be hopeful... that is all we have.

Lele,

I agree with you... this process is completely unfair.  It is wrong to keep families and loved ones apart indefinitely.  It is wrong that interviewers have been denying visas without looking at all of the evidence, especially after a couple has waited over a year for an interview.... imagine the heartbreak.  And it is wrong that there is NO oversight nor accountability whatsoever.

But our situation has a historical basis.  Do you remember the "Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882"?  The Chinese were the first ethnic group ever banned from immigrating to the United States, and this act was only repealed in 1943 by the Magnuson Act.  I learned that in high school.

Unfortunately, our voting numbers are few... so we do not have much leverage against existing prejudices.  But we need to be hopeful... that is all we have.

You make a fair point!

The chinese were the first that were excluded legally (although slavery could be considered a form as well) and there were others too. It is sad...

But you are also right. We can work for change, but we should always keep a smile and a positive attitude! Thank you very much. :D