What do you do?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm one of the people everyone loves to hate most of the time until they discover I'm at their door to help out with any issues they have experienced! I am a Quality Control Inspector (Technical) for Comcast! I go behind the installation technicians, after the install or service and talk to the customer about the performance of that tech.

I can have a very big impact on any of the contractors that perform poorly!

It's a good job, and I have worked for Comcast for the past 11 years.

I am a mind reader. I listen to the doctors making reports on their patients and try to type up what they intended to say. Been doing medical transcription for nine or ten years now. It does not pay very well but has a lot of benefits such as not having to get dressed for work, not having to drive to work, not having to go to meetings, not having to see or talk to the boss, and so on.

I am the Administrative Assistant/HR Coordinator for an NPO. The Mainstream Media Project....We do a syndicated weekly talk show on social issues (A World of Possibilities), supply guests and topics to radio station hosts around country (Guests On Call), and just kicked off a new program in Bill Ury's "Third Side Training" conflict resolution and the media...the prog. is called Both/And. I just applied for a Research position within the organization as I am more interested in content than in Admin.

Trying to get Kai into the military...he needs to work on his english to pass the ASVAB...His idea, not mine....but I think it is a good plan.

I teach HS science in a juvenile detention center - I'm not making this up. It's the best teaching job I have ever had.

I taught English for 2 summers in Zhengzhou and Hefei. I developed an interest and appreciation for China. I met Sarah through her sister in California, via the Internet.

:D

Wow - here's some jobs I never even dreamed existed! Very interesting.

Nate, we plan to return to the US. No point to stay here not working, when I can live with my parents and qualify for welfare ... I've found a hospital that is okay, paying out of my own pocket rather than go to where my work unit will pay. But no place I've found is *that* high standard to me. Mind you, there is one good int'l one, but I could never afford it without some good insurance or working for multinational... What about you guys?