Visa Timeline - Major Unfairness

I lifted this timeline off of the Visa Journey website:

K1

Petition Submitted 3rd Jan

NOA1 6th Jan (VSC)

NOA2 15th Jan (8 days!!!)

NVC forwarded file to Madrid 28th Jan

Madrid send Packet 3 30th Jan (not yet received due to Spanish post)

Interivew 24th Feb SUCCESS!!! (49 days from start to finish)

26th Feb. Visa arrived via courier

<rant>Although I realize that I haven't waited near the time of almost everyone else, doesn't the above timeline make you sick?</rant>

Yes, I am happy that the couple is together but the inequities of the entire immigration process are enormous!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lifted this timeline off of the Visa Journey website:

K1

Petition Submitted 3rd Jan

NOA1 6th Jan (VSC)

NOA2 15th Jan (8 days!!!)

NVC forwarded file to Madrid 28th Jan

Madrid send Packet 3 30th Jan (not yet received due to Spanish post)

Interivew 24th Feb SUCCESS!!! (49 days from start to finish)

26th Feb. Visa arrived via courier

<rant>Although I realize that I haven't waited near the time of almost everyone else, doesn't the above timeline make you sick?</rant>

Yes, I am happy that the couple is together but the inequities of the entire immigration process are enormous!

From what I have seen, it is a *LONG* timeline for Europeans. :-( :angry:

I hate to say this, but in the aftermath of 9-11 and the transfer of INS to the newly created Department of Homeland Security, an already slow process has been slowed down even more in order to justify (at least in the governments mind) any and all attempts to keep future terrorists out of the country.

Now while this may be a case of locking the barn door after the horse has fled, it is what we have to work with for now, until the government gets its act together and realizes that some countries are less a threat (i.e. China), than other countries that are supposedly our friends (i.e. France, Spain, and Germany).

All we can do is just keep our faith and hope that while the process may seem eternal, it is still finite.

Just my opinon

Carl

It is longer to bring our SO from China, because of the outdated laws about the communist threat. I do not think any of us will be swayed to join the local Red Guards, because we are in love with a Chinese national. But our government is not so sure. We might demand that we have the freedom to chose which political party we like, and hold officials accountable for there lazy bureaucratic thinking.

Or it could be that they think all our ladies will treat us better than American ladies, and the resent that. :D

Dave

Even better timeline for K1 -Moldova (former USSR) to USA. Do these people pay extra for faster service?

10/4/2004 VSC Recieved 129F

10/8/2004 Online NOA1 (ID # off Canceled Check)

10/9/2004 NOA1 in Mail

10/22/2004 NOA2 Online

11/09/2004 NVC assigned case # and fowarded to Embassy on 11/2/2004

Emabassy recceived Package 11/9/2004

Interview Scheduled for 11/23/2004

Medical 11/23/2004

Interview Success!! Visa In Hand 11/24/2004