Best way to send documents and form to China?

On my last trip to China in September, I left my fiancee about a hundred page "evidence book". Now I've got a lot of new pages to add to it such as Yahoo Messenger chat archive printouts, e-mails, photocopies of tickets and boarding passes, photos of our trip to HK, etc. Which is the best way to send this stuff to my fiancee in Nanning? I started looking at FedEx and DHL's Web site but they really are not very easy to figure out. DHL's Web site was saying they will not ship "personal mail" to China. I'm not sure what this stuff is classified as. I'm sure not going to send it by postal mail. Just about everything I tried to send to her in the past to Nanning never made it there by regular postal mail. Thanks.

On my last visit I had the wife address a bunch of envelopes. After taping an envelope onto a package, I sent the package by postal mail. It was received without problem.

The mail went to her work address. Not sure about home deliveries, but what I have heard is all bad. This is a major concern because she will soon be unemployed. I worry about P3, P4 delivery to her home.

When I sent myself a postcard from China (as 'proof' for Guangzhou), it took more than 3 weeks to arrive stateside. Then I made a comparison- sent her some photos and a CD. Took about 10 days to get to her. Mail going from US to China seems to be faster than China to US mail.

Ditto what Jim said. When Bing was in Nanning I sent her everything via the post office. It always got there in a week to 10 days.

Make sure you have the address in Chinese though. I just copied the Chinese characters to word then print out a little label to tape to the package.

I have sent most of my mail by regular USPS mail. I cannot track it, but it has gotten there everytime so far. I did try global express USPS mail -- tracking is provided, and the mail is much faster. I think I will stick with the global express USPS mail, so can use the tracking along with the physical mail as evidence in the future.

USPS Global Express mail seems to be the winner. I think I'll give it a try since EMS takes over once it gets to China and EMS seems to be the preferred way the Consulate sends things in China. I'll reserve the more expensive DHL/FedEx to send my I-134 once my financee gets her interview date. I would really hate to lose that one. Thanks guys.

I use global priority at the post office because it's a bit cheaper than global express. I've sent dozens of packages this way, some with merchandise and gifts, others with only magazines and letters.

I haven't had any problems at all and the packages arrive in about 10 days max.

One other thing to consider is that if you have a scanner, and she has a printer, maybe sending scans via email is ok. I think this would work well if you have less than about 50 pages as you could send five or ten per day.

As they say, just my .02 :D

Fed-ex is the only one I'll use..more expensive, but using global priority service gets it there in three days with no customs delay....you can also track on-line with very easy to use site. ..oh yes, you can also write the address in English, and it will get there with no problems. Expense is a secondary issue when on-time delivery is assured.

Guest DragonFlower

HI

If it has to get there,I would only use something with tracking number.

I have sent USPS Global Priority Mail and it has taken 5 to 30 days.

With no way of tracking it.Oddly enough my wife airmailed my birthday card last Tuesday and I received it today.But you sure can not count on that.

Tracking with the USPS is a sketchy deal,FEDEX and DHL have an excellent system.USPS Global Express Guaranteed is delivered incountry by FEDEX,It uses FEDEX's tracking system.Use this if going to the Post office is convenient for you(not all post office's offer this service).

Beware of including non document items in a document shipment,it about doubles the price.

DHL saved me one time already.I made a mistake on the address,they popped up a question on the tracking website.I called them on the phone(Shenzhen) and had it straightened out in 20 minutes.

So,there are many different ways.Depends on the importance of the package.

long

• 11 years later...

I'm sorry for bumping an old thread, but I found this discussion from Google search while trying to find a good way to send document from USA to China.

It seems that 10+ years ago, USPS/EMS was an economical choice while perhaps Fedex or DHL might be a bit more expensive, although faster and with tracking.

In my own experience, I've found UPS in Beijing to be extremely unreliable in delivering documents, as the driver inexplicably couldn't find the apartment, etc.

Fedex seemed okay in delivering in another city in China, although I'm not sure how it is in Beijing.

Does anyone have a recommendation regarding delivery from USA to China using USPS/EMS vs. Fedex vs. DHL in 2016?

Yes - EMS/China Post will deliver to ANY address in China WITH door-to-door tracking. It is the ONLY service with international connections here in Yulin, or anyplace else that UPS, DHL, and FedEx don't reach.

To hook up to EMS in China, send the package using USPS Express Mail International or Priority Mail Express International. DO NOT use Global Express Guaranteed, since this will hook up with FedEx - unless you KNOW that service to be reliable in your area.

They will track your package from US door to Chinese door, or vice versa in the opposite direction.

ALWAYS use an address label with the address in Chinese characters, and INCLUDE A PHONE NUMBER. Tape it to the package separately from the EMS label if you can't type the Chinese characters on that.

The English website for EMS China tracking is EMS China Courier Service Corporation, Inc.

I sent a package to myself (in China) once using DHL. It was dropped off in Guangzhou with a carrier that didn't offer tracking, although it DID show up a week or so later.