what phone care with calling info to use?

Guest ht02135

We used pincity.com when Bing was in China.  Mainly because it has a toll free number she could access in China to call me when she needed to.  The rates to China are about the same as onesuite but from China to here was around 60 cents a minute.   Needless to say when she called me we merely hung up quick and I called her back.

Thanks Carl, I did not know there was an access number to call from China with the pincity card. I will give her the numbers and she wont have to hunt down cheap cards over there. We do the same thing she calls then I call her back.

I use onesuite.com and have not had any problems. Because I work nights most of my calls are in the wee hours for the US. I do know that the reduced the rates at onesuite.com recently. No local access numbe has changed from .048/min to .037/min. I know local access has lowered too, but since I do not have it and did not note what it was. Sorry.

Dave

For any of you that are using a DSL or High Speed Cable Modem, look into BroadVoice. It is a VoIP ( Voice Over IP ) phone system that allows you to get a calling plan with "Unlimited" calling to all USA and 21 country's ( Including China ) for $19.95 USD.

I found this with the help from another CFL brother and it works very well. My wife has been here in the States now sense Nov. 25 and has used just a little less than 1900 minutes calling China and other Long Distance calls. So far my additional cost has been $0.00.

Read up on this and save yourself a ton of money. Also you get a complete Outbound and Inbound call register by email or on line every month.

Check it out and if anyone needs more information ( including how the system interfaces with your network ) then PM me or send me an email. I will be happy to talk to you about it!

Bryan & Qunying

I use onesuite.com and have not had any problems.  Because I work nights most of my calls are in the wee hours for the US.  I do know that the reduced the rates at onesuite.com recently.  No local access numbe has changed from .048/min to .037/min.  I know local access has lowered too, but since I do not have it and did not note what it was.  Sorry.

Dave

Onesuite rate from a local access number went down to 2.2 cents from 2.4 cents in mid November :D every little bit helps

For any of you that are using a DSL or High Speed Cable Modem, look into BroadVoice. It is a VoIP ( Voice Over IP ) phone system that allows you to get a calling plan with "Unlimited" calling to all USA and 21 country's ( Including China ) for $19.95 USD.

Thanks Bryan,

Some one here had this system as was having problems, but I think it is still worth a try, the monthly price is hard to beat. Is it expensive to get setup? I know enough about computers to cause trouble, Will it work with my AOL DSL?

Thanks Bryan,

Some one here had this system as was having problems, but I think it is still worth a try, the monthly price is hard to beat. Is it expensive to get setup? I know enough about computers to cause trouble, Will it work with my AOL DSL?

You could use it with DSL, but you will need a router as well as the analog - digital converter. So you would pay a slightly higher set up fee I believe... (I'm speaking of voip in general, not necessarily this specific service)

Thanks Bryan,

You could use it with DSL, but you will need a router as well as the analog - digital converter. So you would pay a slightly higher set up fee I believe... (I'm speaking of voip in general, not necessarily this specific service)

Yes you will pay a setup fee ( one time charge = $39.95) you will also need to get a router as Jeikun said, but the VoIP interface unit is free. As far as working with DSL, you shouldn't have any problems as long as your service provider is sound. My total start up was $76.99. I consider this to be an acceptable fee compared to what I have already saved in the first month.

My connections have been very good and the customer service is 24/7 and very helpful. I have only had one problem with my service and it was corrected in a matter of minutes.

As far as the router goes, you can find a good cheap one (i.e. D-Link) for around $50 USD give or take Tax, etc. at just about any where that has a good line of computers and hardware.

As I said before, go to the site and read about it. They will even explain anything you don't understand on line, over the phone. Good Luck!

Bryan & Qunying

Tried onesuite.com yesterday and was pleased with the quality of the connection. The first time I called we had a bad echo and was disconnected within a minute.

Called back again and had an excellent connection which was very clear.

The only problem was after about 30 minutes we were disconnected and had to call back. Then we were again disconnected on the next call after about 30 minutes.

So the bag of results was mixed, from clear voice quality to disconnections.

The phone record log was easy to access and to print.

Before I return for MM's interview I will print our phone call record logs and have them notarized for the interview.

Thanks for all the input.

Yes, it sure sounds like the best deal. I read through the info on their site like Bryan suggested and it specificly states it will not work with AOL DSL Broadband at this time and of course thats what I have. Oh well :)