• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me know your approx flight window and your origination city - and would you mind flying out of detroit?  I seem to have a nack at this.

my dates are as follows:

Jan 28th - Feb 10th. (anytime on the two dates and I will be leaving CHicago, O'Hare international Airport. I don't mind Layovers but I would like to get to Hong Kong before the 7 pm bus leaves for GZ) Thanks for the help and this subject my prove to be informative to others as well. :o

Phil

Have you tried United Airlines.  Also from Hong Kong, I say take the train it is much nicer then the bus..

<chuckles> Well the main problem I have is that When I get off the plane, I am such a bundle of nerves that the bus is the best way for me to travel, and the least amount of hassel. :o I am from A small town and Hong Kong is intimidating to me. :ph34r:

Phil

i've used Orbitz all three times, but my hard head is beginning to agree that travel agents can meet or beat Internet prices.

Brian

I wanted to make sure I have good prices before I go to a travel agent. We have a few local ones here that may flip at the price I was quoted so far. :o We will see next week.

Phil

Orion

The price you found does not sound to bad, is this round trip? or one way, I use Econo Travel out of Los Angeles and it is 1400 round trip from Ft. Myers to Chongqing, this is with China Southern being the host airline and Delta being an affiliate. there web is www. econo travel @hotmail.com you do have to stay on them sometimes for an answer, I have to call them again today, there is another in New York that is less so I am going to find out who they are, keep shopping and let us know if you find cheaper flights

This is a Round trip price that I was quoted so far. I have no problem with sharing info on Flights. No one likes to pay through the nose for a small seat and peanuts. :D

This is the link to the sight that I got my best price. It is for American Airlines.

http://internet-reservations.net/?http://f.../hong-kong.html

Phil

Aloha from Hawaii,

Travel agents are a better choice than the internet.  My last round trip

ticket from Honolulu to China cost me $650 on JAL.  I like JAL because

of the safety record and service,  The service in economy is the same as

first class.  HK to GZ the train is the better choice.  When I crossed the

border into Hong Kong by bus it was a pain.  The first bus takes you to

the border.  You get off and carry your luggage through immigration.

Then you get on the second bus to the other border check.  Get off of

the bus with your luggage and go through immigration again.  After

that you get on the third bus to your destination.  That is what I went

through on a short trip from Shenzhen to Hong Kong.

Annakuen'GG

<chuckles> I know all about the busride now. :D I agree that the train is a better choice, but then I would have to memorize the train schedule and figure out how to get to GZ from the hong kong airport. My wife said it is possible, but just as much hassle since you would have to switch trains a few times. I will take the bus at 34 dollars anyway. :) I will start checking with the Travel agents here and see what I can come up with., but I would like to know prices before I go in so I have ammunition to say, "I can get such and such flight for this"

Phil

I would like to agree with several others that www.flychina.com is a very nice travel agency. They seem to always have the best tickets, and their website is very very quick, accurate and easy to use.

You can also get "e-tickets" through them, making it easy to buy a ticket for someone in China. Very nice!

Aloha from Hawaii.

The 650 roud trip ticket into Beijing and out through Shanghai was a high season

rate. I plan to go in and out through Beijing in March. It will be a low season rate

of 605. I like JAL. JAL has lots of flights to Honolulu.

Myles aka Annakuen'GG

I used orbitz to get the flight numbers and price, then I brought the info over to an agent who has met the price both time.

The very first time I went, I called the agent for the "cheapest price" to Shanghai. The got back to me and said $3000. I about fell out of my seat, until I looked up prices online myself. I then got my online quote, brought it to them, and they gave me the same price.

I used orbitz to get the flight numbers and price, then I brought the info over to an agent who has met the price both time.

The very first time I went, I called the agent for the "cheapest price" to Shanghai. The got back to me and said $3000. I about fell out of my seat, until I looked up prices online myself. I then got my online quote, brought it to them, and they gave me the same price.

flychina.com

They have always done a great job for me at a good price.