GZ Information Hour

I will be traveling to ShenZhen in about a week. We are going to meet my MMs parents in JiaXing around the 17th. I will be going to the info session on Sept 16th. I was wondering if there are any questions that someone might want asked while I am there. (I know they will not answer about specific cases).

Also for the ones that have been to the sessions, can my fiancee attend with me or will she not be able to get into the consulate? The problem may be that I will not be able to get online for a few days after I attend the session.

Just post a question and I will write it down and try to ask it when I attend the bullsh*t session.

:D

One more week before I leave..it is killing me...

PASS THE CHEETOS

:P

David

Hi David;

Hey when you are in SZ don't forget to call us..:D we never got to meet Bongyang while Darrell was here with his wife.

Oh Bea is cooking shrimp right now and let me know Bong yang wanted to do a video, no problem.. come on over!!

As for internet access in GZ.. the Blenz cafe is for free.. just don't pick the chinese windows version.. :P

PM me for phone numbers etc

Mark and Bea

No problem Mark...I know we are planning on calling you when I am over so we can get together.

I have to cook an American meal for BY...I lost a bet :D

I am thinking spaghetti, if I can find the ingrediants at Wal-Mart

We are going to do the video when I am there this time.

I look forward to seeing you guys.

David

I have seen classico sauce and pasta as well as krafts gratted parmashion cheese here.. Saw it at Justco's and of course out in Sherkou.. just no oven for that home made garlic bread.. :D yum..

Now BBQ chicken sounds great along with patoto salad and corn on the cob... geeez!! I have had the best buttewr and sugar corn here.. heaven :P but it is out of season.. that is the hrd part and suprize.. if oit's there buy it coz you never know for how long..

Mark and Bea

I have seen classico sauce and pasta as well as krafts gratted parmashion cheese here.. Saw it at Justco's and of course out in Sherkou.. just no oven for that home made garlic bread.. :) yum..

Now BBQ chicken sounds great along with patoto salad and corn on the cob... geeez!! I have had the best buttewr and sugar corn here.. heaven  :) but it is out of season.. that is the hrd part and suprize.. if oit's there buy it coz you never know for how long..

Mark and Bea

You can always do the Garlic Bread on a flat skillet. Might not be as good as an oven, but the effects are the same! .......... Yummi!

Guest DragonFlower

Hi

I will be in Shenzhen from Sep 18 to Oct 3.

I think my wife's boss is going to make her work.

I may have a lot of free time(haha).

I was thinking I would go to the Consulate,but will probably be going by myself.I would appreciate meeting some of you guys and getting to know you.

long

Don't count on finding spaghetti fixins' at WM - I might want to take the stuff with me US -> China. How about BBQ chicken and home fries? I would take a bottle of BBQ sauce with me.

Hey Jeff

Barbeque Chicken? Have access to a grill? In an area you can use it?

On my side of Shanghai I find grills and more so charcoal are scarce. Also using it on the 17th floor balcony may either p!$$ off the neighbors (or result in more dinner guests than chicken). Also, I envision what they would do with meat that is not sliced, diced chopped or otherwise sized for chopsticks- but yeah I DO miss GRILLING there.

As to GZ the most obvious question that I'm SURE will come up "What's the future trends look like?" i.e., is the fax and visa machines fixed and do you now have the fingerprinting process cleared up. In other words what's taking so long?

Richard

Dave R,

You might want to ask them why people who returned P-3's in January and February of 2004 had approximately two months wait, from the time they returned P-3 until their interview date? And why the people who returned their P-3's in April and May are currently waiting almost 6 months until their interview date? And will that trend continue to get worse, or will it improve?

Check out the thread "P4 timelines on CFL" which I started earlier.

Dave R,

You might want to ask them why people who returned P-3's in January and February of 2004 had approximately two months wait, from the time they returned P-3 until their interview date? And why the people who returned their P-3's in April and May are currently waiting almost 6 months until their interview date? And will that trend continue to get worse, or will it improve?

Definately. Whatever the reason, if they keep doing only 2-3 weeks worth of P-3s spread out over a month of P-4s... this will continue to grow exponentially. The backlog is growing daily... it has to reverse, but when and how?

I seemed like they scheduled a few more interviews this time than last time. Hopefully it's a sign they are beginning to reign it in. I'll be hoping, and looking for the next batch to see if it improves a little again.... praing to start seeing a positive trend.

Dave R,

John,

I think the dates you are questioning for returned P3's Jan - Feb vs. returned P3's April - May, was around the time GZ was installing "Biometrics". This, according to GZ was slowing them down, not to mention that their computer program was having problems talking to the computers in the States.

I have a feeling that this question will get you a "Dead End" answer.

That's just a little FYI from those of us that agonized through that period.