INTERVIEW CITY, here we come!!!!!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you can make it there for the interview. Maybe Corvette can help find a place for you to stay?

Yeah I'll try to help. We do have some regular hotel suppliers. However during the trade fair, their price will all go up crazily. We always persuade our customers/colleagues not too come visit GZ during the trade fair sessions. :unsure:

I'll try to find if there are any neat places.

Nothing beats that in terms of surprise and excitement and RELIEF!

You did qualify it by saying ...up until now. I have to agree, but I can share a story about that when we get together again. the short soty is; I called Xiahong to tell her we had an interview date and the first thing she said was: "did the clearnace finish?" Long story and a different process, but it sure took the bloom off the rose.

I'm so happy for you and your lady, Jim. The very best high is when she walks out of the interview with her white slip......no, when she goes back and picks up her passport with the visa inside! :unsure:

Hope you can make it there for the interview. Maybe Corvette can help find a place for you to stay?

Gotta disagree with you on this one Don. The best high is when she steps out of customs and you know there is absolutely nothing that can keep you from taking her home.

Nothing beats that in terms of surprise and excitement and RELIEF!

You did qualify it by saying ...up until now. I have to agree, but I can share a story about that when we get together again. the short soty is; I called Xiahong to tell her we had an interview date and the first thing she said was: "did the clearnace finish?" Long story and a different process, but it sure took the bloom off the rose.

I'm so happy for you and your lady, Jim. The very best high is when she walks out of the interview with her white slip......no, when she goes back and picks up her passport with the visa inside! :blink:

Gotta disagree with you on this one Don. The best high is when she steps out of customs and you know there is absolutely nothing that can keep you from taking her home.

Yep, I already know that will be the highest high, perhaps of my entire life ... when she has cleared all the gov. crap at Immigration and Customs and we are walking through the DOMESTIC terminal in San Francisco airport together.

There's a Starbucks at SFO airport (in the domestic section). Haha, the highlight of my life will be buying my honey a cup of coffee there and paying for it in dollars, what a unimaginable thrill that will be!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

here is a tip. we went through SFO this month. I asked which line for a K1 and was told the visitors line, not US passport holders line. It was much longer. When I was being processed, the border patrol guard told me I should have brought her with me in the USC line because he "gets a kick out of admitting fiancees"!

That way, you won't be split up if there are any last minute snafus. Moreover, the line is usually short and moves very quickly.