Nanning Get-Together

Hello from GuiLin!

We're on our last day here in Guilin about to return to Nanning. It's really pretty here, breathtaking in places. Guilin is a very nice city, as far as Chinese cities go. We spent most of yesterday on a cruise down the Lijiang river and I highly recommend it. It's pretty hot this time of year, but still worthwhile.

OK, as far as the Nanning Get Together, we've had two calls. Al's wife said she will be there and another woman, (sorry ShuPing got the girl's name, Li, but couldn't remember her husband's name) said she might come. I'm hoping we have more ladies attend, I wasn't expecting 100, but 4 or 5 would be nice.

So, if your girl is here in Nanning, have her give us a call (send me an e-mail or PM, though I may not make it back to a computer before Sunday) or come to

OK, we've decided on August 22 at 6:00 PM to have this little get together. ShuPing knows of a local restaurant called HaoChiLang Zi zu Can. The address is YuanHuLu. Don't ask me for directions.
She'll be able to find us if she asks where the American is.

I'll take pictures and post them on the CFL gallery when I get back. Hope to see lots of MMs show up.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello from GuiLin!

We're on our last day here in Guilin about to return to Nanning.  It's really pretty here, breathtaking in places.  Guilin is a very nice city, as far as Chinese cities go.  We spent most of yesterday on a cruise down the Lijiang river and I highly recommend it.  It's pretty hot this time of year, but still worthwhile.

OK, as far as the Nanning Get Together, we've had two calls.  Al's wife said she will be there and another woman, (sorry ShuPing got the girl's name, Li, but couldn't remember her husband's name) said she might come.  I'm hoping we have more ladies attend, I wasn't expecting 100, but 4 or 5 would be nice.

So, if your girl is here in Nanning, have her give us a call (send me an e-mail or PM, though I may not make it back to a computer before Sunday) or come to

OK, we've decided on August 22 at 6:00 PM to have this little get together. ShuPing knows of a local restaurant called HaoChiLang Zi zu Can. The address is YuanHuLu. Don't ask me for directions.
She'll be able to find us if she asks where the American is.

I'll take pictures and post them on the CFL gallery when I get back. Hope to see lots of MMs show up.

Hello; Jiejun Li is my Better Half should be there along with Mike's wife Xian. Have a good time.. Eat a couple of Dumplings for me.

Here is the restaurant name and location. there is a phone number also, but is in the email.

Sorry I couldn't get back to post an update sooner, but later is better than never.

The get-together was a success, though we only had 4 wives there (mine, Mike's, Waynes and Al's). They are wonderful ladies and we are all lucky guys. The food was good, a buffett style with lots of good food.

I took some pics, though not as many as I wanted (too busy eating). I'll post them when I get back home next week. The girls all exchanged e-mail addys and phone numbers, so hopeully this is the start of something supportive for them.

The talk was mostly Chinese, so I'm in the dark about most of the discussions, but I did get to see JieJun's notice for P3 (I think that's what is was), she was happy to show everyone.

I'm trying to start an internet match-making service for Chinese and Americans, I won't go into it because this site isn't about that, but ShuPing had invited some single ladies to come so I could get pictures. Al's fiancee, Jian, brought a single friend. All in all, my son and I were the only males in a room of 10 lovely Chinese women, I'll just say it was an experience.

Thanks, Al, Mike and Wayne for getting your girls there. I hope they can get together occaisionally and help each other out. Gene, I know HuaHua should've been there, but maybe she can join in if they get together again.

Remember, look for the pics on the CFL gallery, there's only 4 or 5, but worth a look.

Sorry I couldn't get back to post an update sooner, but later is better than never.

The get-together was a success, though we only had 4 wives there (mine, Mike's, Waynes and Al's).  They are wonderful ladies and we are all lucky guys.  The food was good, a buffett style with lots of good food.

I took some pics, though not as many as I wanted (too busy eating).  I'll post them when I get back home next week.  The girls all exchanged e-mail addys and phone numbers, so hopeully this is the start of something supportive for them.

The talk was mostly Chinese, so I'm in the dark about most of the discussions, but I did get to see JieJun's notice for P3 (I think that's what is was), she was happy to show everyone.

I'm trying to start an internet match-making service for Chinese and Americans, I won't go into it because this site isn't about that, but ShuPing had invited some single ladies to come so I could get pictures.  Al's fiancee, Jian, brought a single friend.  All in all, my son and I were the only males in a room of 10 lovely Chinese women, I'll just say it was an experience.

Thanks, Al, Mike and Wayne for getting your girls there.  I hope they can get together occaisionally and help each other out.  Gene, I know HuaHua should've been there, but maybe she can join in if they get together again.

Remember, look for the pics on the CFL gallery, there's only 4 or 5, but worth a look.

Yes my Wife told me about the get together. When I received the DS-230 from the NVC it had another form it that didnt show on the enclosure sheets. I knew mike was behind me a couple of weeks in the CR1 process so to save him some time I asked my Wife Jiejun to give Mikes Wife some copies of the form so they don't get the Surprise Form like I did.

Gene, I know HuaHua should've been there, but maybe she can join in if they get together again.

Hi Mark, Glad you made it back safe and it sounds like you had a great time. I wish Huahua could have been there, but she had a trip planned already to go Guilin. I will get Shu ping's phone number from you again when they get ready to meet again.