We received notice that our case I-129F is now in the hands of NVC and have been sinceJuly 21th. Even though letter states it takes anywhere from 2 -4 weeks to process,should i be calling and checking up on status are just wait until i hear from them? Thanks

We received notice that our case I-129F is now in the hands of NVC and have been sinceJuly 21th. Even though letter states it takes anywhere from 2 -4 weeks to process,should i be calling and checking up on status are just wait until i hear from them?  Thanks

It's probably a bit early to start calling, but I don't think it would hurt to give NVC a buzz to verify receipt. Sometimes, its takes a week or two to get from the service center to NVC.

You will likely get the stock response that the matter is pending but one day they will tell you that the case has cleared and forwarded to GZ. At this point, be sure to get 1) the GUZ number, and 2) the date the files were sent to GZ. I called once a week, and I think it took a little over a month after NVC actually received the files to get through the name check process.

Xian: We are a week ahead of you with a notice date of July 14. Good Luck!!

When you call, you will not get your info from the automated response system. You need to talk to a live person. Call 8AM or 4:30PM eastern standard time. You have to listen to their menu, if you key ahead you will get "I didn't understand your response!" Press 1 then 2 and you should get through. I've called and got "we are too busy to take your call". Then I called right back and it was a 3 minute wait.

Hope this helps!

I got the letter from NVC a few days ago. It has the GUZ# right on it., and also says our petition would be sent to Guangzhou within one week. I am guessing it will actually be longer than that. The letter is dated 7-22. Hmm.... Maybe they have already sent it (Yeah, right). Should I call them now?

If you got a letter from NVC you are one of the few who ever did..

Good luck!!

I have read on some other posts that the NVC is rather inconsistant with sending out notices. My I-129f was approved June 30th( still have not recieved NOA2) NVC recieved on July 8th, cleared July 28th and sent to GUZ I got the tracking numbers from DHL and the package is awaiting clearance(customs?) in Guangzhou.

I got the letter from NVC a few days ago. It has the GUZ# right on it., and also says our petition would be sent to Guangzhou within one week. I am guessing it will actually be longer than that. The letter is dated 7-22. Hmm.... Maybe they have already sent it (Yeah, right). Should I call them now?

It has been my observation that NVC rarely sends out any notices. We didn't receive anything after NOA-2 until P-3.

If you got a letter from NVC you are one of the few who ever did..

Good luck!!

That's good to hear. I won't look for a letter from NVC anymore.

But it would be nice to know how to track the petition between now and P3. How do we know it has cleared customs? How do we know it arrived at Ghongzhou? How do we know it has been recorded into their computers?

Call NVC and find out the date your file was shipped. Then call DHL 1-800-225-5345 ask them about shipments from NVC in Portsmouth that day. Give them postal codes NVC 03801 and GUZ 510133. They will give you tracking numbers for 2 or 3 packages. Go to DHL site www.dhl-usa and tracking. Put in the numbers and you can follow it all the way.

Looking at the most recent timelines for Recieved in Guangzhou to Delivered to Consulate is about 30 days... Delivered to Consulate to P-3 Recieved is about 8 to 10 days. How long that will remain consistant is anybodys guess.

One of the maddening things about this process is once your petition leaves NVC you have no reliable method of knowing where it is or the status of your petition until your mm recieves P-3. Sure you can find out from NVC what day it left there but all you can do then is get a tracking # from DHL saying packages had been picked up and shipped that day. Not necessarily your package. Once it gets to GZ it sits in the DHL warehouse until it clears customs. Then when GZ finally gets around to picking it up they enter it into the system and send out P-3. Then and only then do you really know for sure they have it. And of course they only give you canned answers.

Call NVC and find out the date your file was shipped. Then call DHL  1-800-225-5345 ask them about shipments from NVC in Portsmouth that day. Give them postal codes  NVC 03801 and GUZ 510133. They will give you tracking numbers for 2 or 3 packages. Go to DHL site www.dhl-usa  and tracking. Put in the numbers and you can follow it all the way.

Thanks for the info. Gene. I did as you suggested and they gave me numbers for five packages. All packages left NVC on 7/16 and arrived in Ghongzhou on 7/19. Two packages cleared on 7/22 & signed by "stamp." Maybe, they were official packages with diplomatic immunity. They cleared in 3 days. The other ones, currently appear to be in a clearance delay. I'm not counting on my petition being in those packages but at least it gives me a general timeline to follow.

Again thanks!