Problems with 485 already

Hi all,

Already have problems. Part 2 number c:

"I entered as a K-1 fiancee of a US citizen... (Attach a copy of the fiancee petition approval)"

Seems like I do NOT have a copy. While in China the last time (before her interview) I left the paperwork there thinking they may want to see the originals. Then previously unknown to me at the POE (LAX) they took ALL her paperwork, including the copies and originals.

Think I should:

send a letter of explanation with the number?

get a atty?

or?

Any ideas would be great... thanks.

Louis

Hi all,

Already have problems.  Part 2 number c:

"I entered as a K-1 fiancee of a US citizen... (Attach a copy of the fiancee petition approval)"

Seems like I do NOT have a copy.  While in China the last time (before her interview) I left the paperwork there thinking they may want to see the originals.  Then previously unknown to me at the POE (LAX) they took ALL her paperwork, including the copies and originals.

Think I should:

send a letter of explanation with the number?

get a atty?

or?

Any ideas would be great... thanks.

Louis

The pettition approval is your NOA2 that was sent to you a hundred years ago. It isn't anything from GZ. I made the same mistake.

Louis

The pettition approval is your NOA2 that was sent to you a hundred years ago. It isn't anything from GZ. I made the same mistake.

Trigg,

Right, they took everything at the POE. Copies and originals.

Sorry louis i misread the question. so the problem is how to get the NOA2. I think it is I-797???? I really don't know but hopefully someone can tell you how to get a copy.

im puzzled :rolleyes:

you say they took all paper work? as far as i know the only thing they should take at POE is the sealed envelope your fiance' got at her interview in GZ. not all the crucial paper work leading up to your inerview. my fiance' did not even have this with her i always kept all documentation with me since i am the one filing the petition. sorry to hear your difficult situation if this is the case.

good luck

im puzzled :rolleyes:

you say they took all paper work? as far as i know the only thing they should take at POE is the sealed envelope your fiance' got at her interview in GZ. not all the crucial paper work leading up to your inerview. my fiance' did not even have this with her i always kept all documentation with me since i am the one filing the petition.  sorry to hear your difficult situation if this is the case.

good luck

Ya, that is the case.

Becasue of the K-1 delays and bad timing of the interview I could only visit Mei before the interview and could not return with her to the USA. As an extra step of precaution I brought the whole load of paperwork in case there was a problem at the interview or at the POE.

My mistake was not keeping a whole set of copies. Thought I did, but I did not. At the POE she handed over the sealed envelope. The immigration officer asked her what else she had. She said she had some personal papers. He asked to see them. Tax returns, copies of everything, etc.

He said "Good we'll keep these too".

Mei replied "No, you only need the sealed envelope".

He said "Do you want to return to China? These are the papers that are needed for entry."

Even though I was right outside the POE immigration she could not talk to me and of course she did not want to "go back to China". She was told another misinformation.