I have a friend that married a lady in china and it has been a year sense than ,but she is not here yet,
She has been going out with a man from her work and bobby does not want to stay married,if she has not come to america,is there a need for a divorce ,he says not ,but I think there is
Ana if so where do you divorce from here or there???

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. The U.S. does recognize the Chinese marriage so your friend will need to find a good divorce lawyer that specializes in this type of divorce. Keep reading this thread, because I knew several here at CFL will be able to give you better advice than I can. But for now, tell your friend his marriage to her in China is "Legal".

Then its not contested, and very simple.

But I'm not sure you can seek a divorce in America for a marriage in China.

Your friend would probably do well to tell his Chinese wife: "I am divorcing you, and I don't want you to contest it" if she is seeing another man, she probably has the same idea anyway..

Both parties should file for a divorce. Even if the American court did not have your friend's record of marriage to the Chinese lady, and that he could get into another marriage without problem, the Chinese lady, on the other hand would be violating the chinese law if she does not file for a divorce before she enters another marriage. since the marriage is still on record in China.