SeaSame,

"Prim & Proper" (If you learned British English) Sounds like: "your attire is entirely appropriate for the occasion!"

Maiyademama: when I was waiting for my first daughter from China, so many couples passed us by --- couples that applied much later than we did... It was hard on them, (knowing they were passing us) --- but how could they contain their excitment! Don't worry, this will pass --- and it won't even be a consideration when you are successful!

---Kim

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Sam!!!!!! Good job. I think her being pregnant made more difference than the outfit but like you said it doesn't hurt. I am surprised to hear GZ is back to issuing visas the same day. This too is good news for the people waiting. Now get her home and come out to Oregon to visit Bing and I.

Maiyademama:  when I was waiting for my first daughter from China, so many couples passed us by --- couples that applied much later than we did...  It was hard on them, (knowing they were passing us) ---  but how could they contain their excitment!  Don't worry,  this will pass --- and it won't even be a consideration when you are successful!  

---Kim

Thanks for your warm words of encouragement....I think it is just the athlete in me...always used to finishing first :P really hard to catch other people's dust.

Hello, OregenKnl, Thank you for the explanation. I came back for deleting the embarrassed atire question,then discover your post there. yea, it might be too "prim and proper" to put on a formal outfit..lol.

Carl..yes, I guess the pregnancy as one of the factor for the quick pass.

SeaSame

:P

Maiyademama,

An Athlete?  No kidding.... I was a swimmer once.....  did ok, put myself through college (almost) with it ---- even swam Masters afterwards....

How about you?

Through Grade school I was a gymnast.

Then I ran track in High School (sprinter) till I ruined my knees.

Now I still enjoy Cycling, Rock Climbing, and Martial Arts (Jujitsu, Bagua, and Taiji)

Yes, Maiyademama,

I guess we all adapt (athletically) after we can't excel exactly the way we used too!

Clifford might be interested to know that my girls and I took a long hike up past Horse Tail Falls in the Columbia gorge last weekend... (a place he has mentioned in the past ) SeaSame --- no problem about attire ~!!

---Kim

They asked those questions in english? Do they always speak in english in the interviews? My fiancee said that they also speak chinese in the interviews. If they are only gonna speak english Id better have my fiancee brush up on her english.

Congrats on the interview! Just the questions thats all huh? Didnt ask to see pictures, phone bills, letters etc??

dan

Maiyademama:  when I was waiting for my first daughter from China, so many couples passed us by --- couples that applied much later than we did...  It was hard on them, (knowing they were passing us) ---  but how could they contain their excitment!  Don't worry,  this will pass --- and it won't even be a consideration when you are successful!  

---Kim

Thanks for your warm words of encouragement....I think it is just the athlete in me...always used to finishing first :D really hard to catch other people's dust.

Yep, know that feeling.....

My sincere congratulations to everyone who gets through the visa process.... But, it is still hard to wait a year and a half when others get their visas in 6 or 7 months. So many people have been granted visas who had started AFTER MY APPLICATION HAD ALREADY BEEN SENT TO MOSCOW.

Anyway, Sam and Nicola, best wishes for a happy life. Every visa (including yours) is well deserved.

----- Clifford -----

Thanks guys so much!!

Nicola said that the 60 or so people inside the room (Some had to stand because there were not enough chairs) were either K Visa's or CR1 the business visa H1 people were in another room. They looked at nothing of her's at all! We went back at 4:00 and picked up her visa the same day.

She got window 11 a women and she said that it was soooooooooo hard to understand them because there were people getting interviewed on both sides of her, the loud speaker was calling names and numbers out, and they were talking through a thick glass but she did say that the lady talked slow and repeated herself. The lady asked her to raise her right hand and take a oath that Nicola read by herself. I'm not sure if anyone knows anything about the oath and what it states. It would help to go over the oath if your MM's are going to read it.

I stick with the nice clothes helped story! HAHAHA Think about it! Its an interview! You make a impression with how you appear during your interview! There is NOOOOOOOOO way anyone on this site can tell me that people don't get judged by appearance! While I was waiting for Nicola to come out the people with slippers and cut off shirts were ALWAYS carrying blue slips (These people were going for their business visa's not K visa's) and the guys that came out in suits and ties came out smiling! That's the business section but I think it still applies to the K-Visa section. Even if it didn't make any impression during the interview, it helped! Why? Because women love clothes! Who can deny that! Nicola wore comforable nice clothes that she liked and it made her feel more confident and relaxed during her interview! I hate wearing formal things and 90% of the time i'm in shorts and T-shirts but when its interview time I think its important to be formal.

The other thing that helped us get this misery over with was the fact that we went out there around 6:40 and were let in at 6:50. She got in and out fast! She was the first to be called to get her visa too.

Two America guys were waiting outside with me and they said the VO never looked at any of their information either. We did all agree that our MM's had a HUGE stack of evidence ready though.

One last thing! I was waiting right outside the gates and these two girls that give advice and what not to people and print forms were trying to give their business cards to the same person. One started yelling at the other and the tall one starts pointing her finger in the little one's face. I saw the little one move back and the tall one kept going until she started slapping the poor little girl! A left and a right and finally the short girl had enough! AIIIIIIIIYA! A kung fu kick to the tall girls stomach and down she went! The tall girl who to me appeared the instigator went down and acted like she's crying and started pointing at the little girl and tried to get pity. Well a few police and a couple of witnesses later they throw out the tall girl! What a day!!! HAHAHA I'm a business man and I have to admit that if I knew enough Chinese and knew it was going to happen I would have sold tickets and refreshments! HAHAHAHA I brought my digital camera but forgot my memory stick at Nicola's house! I'm a genious!

Sorry to blab so much I don't think i'm a professional just cause we got our visa. I just wanted to be as detailed as I could and give my opinion about what we did right so it would help other people. I'm 100% sure that all the evidence we needed was that Nicola was pregnant but these were some issues that other people could benefit from! (My God my fingers are tired from typing too much)

Talking about Hands getting tired! HAHAHA Anyone with a craving for American groceries or the ever famous Cheetos can stop by beatrice grocery store on Shaminia island! They even have ravioli, doritos, pasta, cereal, real bread, pancake, and cream chease!! I got SOOOOOOOO much junk food from there!

A big fat happy CONGRATULATIONS to you Sam!!!! What a wonderful interview experience!!!! I'm very happy that things went so smoothly for you and Nicola. You made my day, thanks Sam!! Really gives the rest of us some inspiration too.

Now the rest of your happy life begins, so awesome!!!!

:) :) :)

P.S. Oh, and thanks for sharing so much of your experience with us too, every bit helps!!