Calling Cards for Cell Phones

David,

I don't believe that the calling cards diffierentiate between cell and land-lines in the USA. Of course, watch your number of minutes. I assume that you can also use the local access rates from whereever.

The best internet phone card services seem to be:

www.onesuite.com

and

www.bigzoo.com

Both are about 2.4 cents a minute to China + 75 cents a month.

Somehow onesuite seems to have eaten up all of my time. I don't know what happened. Bigzoo frequently gives me a dead line when I call, and seems to charge for incomplete calls :D I don't know where the issues are.

Oh,

Many people have also been going to Chinese Specialty Stores and purchasing phone cards. Be careful because many have $1 / week or so charges.

My family is finally getting rid of the land line...but I need cheap rates to call China.  Does anyone know of a calling card that works cheap for China, and tracks the phone calls that are made.

I have used a card called the World Card that I have been getting from the 7-11. I used them when Jennifer was still in China. We still use them now because she calls her mom and dad all of the time. We usually get a $10.00 calling card and it gives her about 120 minutes to talk, it usually last her about 1.5 weeks because not only does she use the calling card, but also Yahoo Voice Chat also. Half of the time the Yahoo Voice Chat doesnt work right and it is really hard to get connected. She uses the cell phone sometimes because it has a speaker on it and she can set and relax and talk without the phone against her ear. I really havent noticed any change in my minutes though, I have Sprint.

Leonard,

It may be nice to have the 7-11 cards, but your cost is working out to be about 8.3 cents a minute (120 minutes for $10).

Look at Onesuite or Bigzoo, or other online - credit card services that are significantly cheaper.

Or, try your favorite Chinese specialty store.

----- Clifford -----

Candy and I alternate between OneSuite (because they have a log) and Skype (voice over IP, when we feel like saving money). Both are extremely clear. Skype is completely free, and uses the same P2P technology as Kazaa and other popular file-swapping programs.

P.J.

pincity.com also has calls for about 2.9 cents per minute and has a printable phone log you can access. Never had any trouble with it. Now that Bing is here though we don't need a printable log so we go to the local Chinese store and buy a card for 10 dollars that gives us 600 minutes. 1.6 cents per minute.

Guest Gene

I can get phone cards for China here in the Seattle International District, 850 minutes for $20...............But no record of where you are calling. This will work good after she gets here, but I wanted the billing records for our good friends at the Embassy. So I switched to Bigzoo.

I have had some real problems with sound quality using BigZoo. The printable bill is definitely a plus, but lately I have found myself using the Destiny card more often than not. The fact remains that the primary purpose for calling is to talk to my girl. I love hearing her voice. Soon I will try OneSuite.com and see if that is better. Right now I have an inventory of minutes I am trying to use up.

Leonard,

It may be nice to have the 7-11 cards, but your cost is working out to be about 8.3 cents a minute (120 minutes for $10).

Look at Onesuite or Bigzoo, or other online - credit card services that are significantly cheaper.

Or, try your favorite Chinese specialty store.

----- Clifford -----

Where can you get Bigzoo at? I have never heard of them. Is the connection pretty good for these cards?

The cards that we get from the 7-11 work pretty good, never had any issues of being cut off with them at all. We do have a local Chinese store here, so on my next days off, we will check on them.

I use a card from here- phonecardonsale.com. It is around 2 cents a minute and can key to your home number so you only need dial an 800 number and don't need to spend all day putting in the rest of them. Good quality but no records. There are several choices. I use the Global speed because it has no access charges and no time limits.

I also use it for long distance calls inside the US. :unsure:

www.bigzoo.com

it is what i used for a long time while jacob was still in china.

i really was impressed with it.

from time to time i had connection problems, just not a good connection, but then again we are all calling china. there isn't always going to be a good connection all of the time no matter what method you use to call there, in my opinion anyway.

so i vote also for big zoo!!

We have been using PCPhone.

PCPhone

It features a good plan if you are calling from China (through a computer), which 1000 minutes for less than $11 a month. It provides billing history and calling records of last 3 months. You can also adopt plans for people calling from the States. We have been using the service for the last 2 years.

Mariah

Carl (and anyone else who doesn't need records of calls)

Try phonecardsonsale.com

They have a card called China Exclusive

It costs $16.95

but you get 1045 minutes if they have a local access number in your area

cost works out to 97 cents an HOUR !!!

local access #'s in Los Angeles, San Fran, FL, IL, MA, MI, KC, MO, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN and TX