Hi everyone!

I have been following this board for a while and I want to thank everyone for their contributions. Your experiences, observations and comments have made it easier for all of us! Thank you Thank you. I feel better prepared after having read your posts. :lol:

Congratulations to all who have made it so far and good luck to the rest!

:D

Welcome Cosmic lobster

Bunch of great folks here. When I first started coming here a little over a year ago the first thing I noticed was the close knitness of the group. At first I was afraid it may be too clannish and I wouldn't fit in. It didn't take long for that worry to dissappear for I was welcomed with open arms. Good luck and may you have a speedy visa process.

Carl

Welcome to Candle!

For those of us just starting out, this place is great. I know you can get valuable information from the veterans here and support from those who are are just starting out. I know I will need support with the long wait. :greenblob:

David

WELCOME to CFL

Seems to be a lot of great folks here that work together despite any differences. Most are very repectful of others opinions. I enjoy that and have fun in rumpus room from time to time. Helps keep your mind off the long wait..

Great to make your acquaintance

Michael

Cosmic lobster is an old timer compared to myself. My name says it all- Chinese Wife? I had spent 30- 40 hours on-line looking into the immigration issues before I found CFL. I've been reading CFL posts since I've joined. It made me ask myself several days ago- do you really want to go through with this? Well, get out the whips and chains, even the mean lady at window 7. I tend to "look up the road to see what's coming" on major decisions. I may be premature in joining this FINE group. I hope I don't actually need have a marriage or filing on record. Yes, I know to proceed with CAUTION- I am 53 years old. If all goes well the situation appears to warrant a K3 filing. (She has a 15 year old that wants to finish high school there. If I am correct the K4 would allow her daughter exit/re-entry?).

I have 2 other futurarizations to comtemplate. I live in Nevada now (CSC), what would preclude me from moving to a state serviced by VSC for a few months? I have family back in CT. and MA. and I am retired.

I notice a few K3 filers have also gone the CR1 route. Reason, please? (Will the CR1 be faster for a green card?).

A little background: I was married to a Thai woman for 30 years. I've done I-130's in 1973 (ex-wife), 1977 (step-daughter) and 1985? (brother-in-law/took 8 years as he went past 21 DURING the process). Thanks! Richard

Edited by Chinese Wife!!! (see edit history)

Wow! Thank you

Carl

guy and girl Kims

Trigg

Dean

David

Richard

Frank

Micheal

Resp

Mari

Richard

and Maui

I truly feel welcome and I feel I have made a lot of new friends.

If any of your are ever at the beach in southern California, let's get together!

Yes, there is a story behind the name - actually 2 stories

For many years I was called the Lobster (story #1).

Then the album Cosmic Thing from the B52's came out. I was playing it loud and dancing and singing "shake that cosmic thing - shake that cosmic thing" when my co workers came in and saw me and one of them said "Look, its a cosmic lobster!"

And thus, the Cosmic Lobster was born :)