Hong-Li picked up her visa today......she passed the interview yesterday no problem-but I wanted to wait tilll visa in hand for sure......

interesting story too....here goes:

We stayed at the vistory hotel the night before so would be easier to get to the consulate. we got there at 6;45am and stood in line. then in she went. came out at 10:18 with smile and white slip.......

There is a VO, a black woman, they call her "Black Pearl", that is very serious about her job and is tough. All the gals on 001 are worried to get her. Well, Hong Li got her.

She only asked 4 questions:

1-have you ever been to the USA?

NO

2- Is your boyfriend divorced and any children?

yes, 1991 and daughter who is 19

3- have you been married before?

NO

4- You stayed in Singapore before?

Yes, 1 year

(the VO was heard saying "Oh, she can speak English too")

OK, visa granted......

(i did tel her if she got the question: "why do you want to go to America?" to say "I want to try a Philly Cheesesteak">>> :unsure:

less then 4 minutes

didnt see my passport or anything...looked at nothing, no photos,

no I-134, nothing didnt want to see a thing I prepared 7 months for.....

not complaining, just seems intersting so quickly with seeing no proof from a VO who has a tough reputation..........

I return to the USA on tuesday then rreturn to China for 2 weeks in June and take her to Lhasa for a visit.....

Frank

Thats great Frank!!!! Interesting how a VO with a tough rep was so easy. GZ keeps up its no rhyme or reason policy. Still better to be over prepared and have an easy interview that have to hassle with the blue slip.

Hey Frank,

When I leaving China after getting married, I met a guy at the airport who told me the same story about his wife. I wanted to tell everyone here but...I was waiting until someone like you had the same experience.

Also I'm glad because I don't know how I'm going to visit my wife. I start a new job June 1st and I have 12 week training period to attend. So...just in case, I can't build plenty of visits for the interview...you gave me some hope.

Oh, congrats!