Need Info...

Ok, way back in August thought this might be a moot point as I figured we would have cleared AOS by now. Fat chance. Don't look like that will happen before the 2008 Olympics.

Question: I know we have to apply for renewal of Li's EAD, which expires on August 26th (one year after she got it). I think we have to apply 90 days in advance. Where do we get the forms and what do we have to do? Any one been through this hoop yet? B) :( :ph34r:

Mick.... I am not ready to hear about more INS joys :angry: :angry:

Do you mean that one has to pay an extra $120 just because the INS is slow with their paperwork.... what a racket :P Just like AP would be totally unnecessary if the INS could just get their act together :huh: :unsure:

And, of course, with refiling comes more paperwork to slow down a system that is already runnng at a snails pace :o

Mick....  I am not ready to hear about more INS joys :angry: :angry:

Do you mean that one has to pay an extra $120 just because the INS is slow with their paperwork....  what a racket :P  Just like AP would be totally unnecessary if the INS could just get their act together :huh: :)

And, of course, with refiling comes more paperwork to slow down a system that is already runnng at a snails pace :o

You know, this really is the last straw. I mean, these guys take up to three or more years to complete AOS. In the meantime, if Li wants to continue to work legally, we have to keep shelling out $120 per year until they get their act together. :angry: :angry: :ph34r:

For the life of me, I can't figure out why centers like Atlanta and Memphis are so far behind the others. I could go on and on here but I won't.

Just suffice to say that if I have to fork over another $120 I am not going to be a happy camper. First they drop us into the famous Black Hole for eighteen plus months. Now they keep us in suspended animation while they keep sucking money out of our pocket. This sucks! :angry: :excl:

For the life of me, I can't figure out why centers like Atlanta and Memphis are so far behind the others. I could go on and on here but I won't.

Just suffice to say that if I have to fork over another $120 I am not going to be a happy camper. First they drop us into the famous Black Hole for eighteen plus months. Now they keep us in suspended animation while they keep sucking money out of our pocket. This sucks!  :)  :ph34r:

Just a thought here Mick. Jingwen and the kids received their NOA's for their EAD and AOS, along with note that the applications have been forwarded to Missouri, and an MSC number was assigned.

Is is possible that this change is processing has created lost applications?

Mick, The INS in LA says you can only begin to file your renewal of the EAD within one month before the old one expires. I was in the same situation as Li 3 months ago. My EAD expires 5/12, and I submitted the renewal form and the $120 check in Febuarary. A week later, the file was rejected because they said that I must go there in person and file it one month before my EAD expires. No surprise! I should've got used to the INS style -- Say one thing and do another. So I had to take one day off from work and drive to INS very early in the morning. After waiting for several hours, they told me that it was their new rule, and that they COULD NOT locate my file! It was a long story. Anyway, I ended up making 4 trips to INS in 2 months and finally got things straight. The last time was with the help of a congressional person. INS finally was able to find my file and told me that I missed my interview for the green card. But Jesus Christ, they had never sent the interview letter to the correct address! 2 weeks after my last trip there, I received the green card in the mail. F-I-N-A-L-L-Y~! After all that, the only definition I can give INS is -- Incompetent And Stupid!