Getting real close to interview

Well our interview is right around the corner, April 15th. The only source of stress is that we have absolutley no control. Everything has been checked and double checked and our pics/documents/receipts are in order. I hope like the last dozen of CFL'ers we have no problem.

I did have a question regarding the K-1 visa:

I will be moving to the Los Angeles area before Mei and her 17 year old daughters arrival for a new job and a city with some Chinese. After she arrives we plan on getting married on about June 19th. Thinking of getting married in Las Vegas and having the party in LA. Just wondering about the timing, filing and name change. Does it matter where we get married? Should we file anything before marriage? Etc.

Louis

I don't think CIS cares where you are married just as long as you are married within the alotted 90 days. After marriage, you can work on getting the I-485 and I-765 ready to mail.

Sounds like you have all your bases covered, Louis.

Good luck next week to the two of you. I am sure all will go well.

Well our interview is right around the corner, April 15th.  The only source of stress is that we have absolutley no control.  Everything has been checked and double checked and our pics/documents/receipts are in order.  I hope like the last dozen of CFL'ers we have no problem.

Congratulations on the interview date.

Wow, it seems like just yesterday that your application was stuck at NVC.... Mine was stuck in Moscow.....

Except, now, mine is still stuck in Moscow... Yours got through NVC.... Got through GZ.... AND NOW THE INTERVIEW IS IN LESS THAN A WEEK.

I hope all goes well at the interview. You have waited a long time for it.

Best Wishes,

Clifford

Ya, good advice. I am feeling wierd because there is nothing left for me to do at this time. I really hate to be in limbo but only a few more days.... aarrrgggh.

Clifford,

Man I really think it sux that your file is still in Moscow with no additional info. I wish there was something I could help you with, this is one proposed bet I am sorry to win. I was really hoping for a tie. Best wishes for some progress soon.

Louis

I am feeling wierd because there is nothing left for me to do at this time.  I really hate to be in limbo but only a few more days.... aarrrgggh.

Believe me I feel your pain. 21 hours to go.

Hey louis,

I know you have heard about what happened with Carl and Bing. I'm sure they will get their visa soon. I hope you don't have to go through any of that. Your interview is only a few hours away and I want to wish you and Mei the best of luck. I guess you are very nervous, especcialy in light of Carl's terrible experience. I doubt that will happen twice in a row to a CFLer. Well anyway best of luck to both of you. Let us all know as soon as you find out.

Trigg

Thanks to all !! I am sitting here at work standing beside myself !! It's 3am in China otherwise I would call Mei and tell her not to worry (haha). Well tonight sometime I will get the telephone call from GZ and let you all know more.

AARRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Don't sweat it Louis, Mei will do just fine, have faith. And try to relax a bit.

As for your question, I suggest that shortly after she arrives and before you marry, apply for her SSN since it is needed for many things. You just don't know how long you will be waiting for the EAD after you file the AOS.

Good luck in LA, we'll miss y'all here in the south.

Oh, Chang and I are doing fantastic together, it couldn't be better between us. Our wedding is on May 1st. Thanks for asking.

Since there is like only 2 other Chinese in this small town, I'm even considering moving to SF. There she might have a better chance of meeting some friends she can relate to. For now, we are just going to wait and see how things go here.

Don't forget to post the good news.

As for your question, I suggest that shortly after she arrives and before you marry, apply for her SSN since it is needed for many things. You just don't know how long you will be waiting for the EAD after you file the AOS.

Good luck in LA, we'll miss y'all here in the south.

Oh, Chang and I are doing fantastic together, it couldn't be better between us. Our wedding is on May 1st. Thanks for asking.

Since there is like only 2 other Chinese in this small town, I'm even considering moving to SF. There she might have a better chance of meeting some friends she can relate to. For now, we are just going to wait and see how things go here.

Patrick,

Ya I had two jobs offers, one in LA and one in a midwest town. Mei is also bringing her 17 year old daughter (my new step-daughter) so I opted for the job in LA were there is a good sized Chinese population.

Real happy that you and Chang are doing fantastic. Congratulations on your May 1st wedding date. Hope all goes smooth.