Bing is in Guangzhou

Bing just called me from Guangzhou after a long train trip from Nanning. I tried to get her to fly but she can be stubborn. Her interview is monday our time. I'm already pacing the floor and I imagine I'll be a nervous wreck by monday night. OK Carl take a deep breath and relax. CFLrs are blessed right? The whole last 11 months boils down to this 10 minute interview that I have absolutely no control over.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife wouldn't take a plane either. Three hours by plane but she took the ten hour train trip instead. Americans like planes/Chinese like trains...thus begins the cultural differences with many more differences to come...lol.

Good luck to you two on Monday. I am sure all will go fine.

Bing just called me from Guangzhou after a long train trip from Nanning. I tried to get her to fly but she can be stubborn.  Her interview is monday our time.  I'm already pacing the floor and I imagine I'll be a nervous wreck by monday night.  OK Carl take a deep breath and relax.  CFLrs are blessed right?   The whole last 11 months boils down to this 10 minute interview that I have absolutely no control over.

You hit the nail on the head - no control over this last step.

Not to worry. You've done everything right, and the visa will be issued.

My wife also took the train. I had sent the money for air fare, but she opted for the 30 hour train ride to save me some money. They see the medical fees, visa fees, ect., and this is our wives doing their bit for us.

As I posted before, my wife has little English, and did fine. Her entire 5 min interview was in Chinese. One of the questions asked was, how do we communicate.

Nothing was looked at except pictures.

As they say - those who go in with the big stack of evidence and good preparation come out with a smile.

Dean

Thanks guys. Without the support I get here at CFL I think I'd go nuts. My worst fear is they will decide they want something I cant get my hands on to fax to her right away. I keep asking myself what I might have included in the folder I sent her that I didn't. She was very adamant that she could fill out all the P-4 papers herself. Now I worry they may have left something out. All natural jitters I suppose.

Hey Carl

This may make you feel better. When she goes for the physical the hospital packages the papers together. and does a review if they see a problem they can let her know and fix pretty quick and you will have time to respond if need be as it will be before the actual interview..

mike

I have plenty of cleaning left to do lol

So far I have done the living room and the kitchen. I mowed the grass and cleaned up the front porch and I even went to Fred Meyers and bought some pansys to plant for her. I still have to do the bedroom,bathroom, closet, guest room laundry room and garage. Oh yeah I still have to clean out the pickup truck and have the dog groomed and bathed.