Here we go again!!

My wife recently renewed hers at the Chinese Embassy in Chicago. How can you check if a Chinese passport is valid?

I've heard it happen to Chinese who got US citizenship, but I have never heard of it happening to an AOS applicant....

You can apparently do that on Weixin, based on what the original poster (I mean meihua) is saying. Maybe using it as an ID to create a new account?

Or anywhere where they (a Chinese officer) would scan your passport, and not just look at it.

I really don't think anyone will lose their passport without them knowing about it. The Nationality Law doesn't seem to address how this would happen, except by naturalizing in a foreign country or by applying to renounce the Chinese citizenship.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

My wife is literally counting down the days until she can file the N400... I've been trying to tell her it's not a big deal but since our daughter was born in the US she absolutely insists that as a family we all have the same passport... sweating_buckets.gif

20 years ago having an American passport was the cat's meow but not as much anymore. I wish her luck on the N-400. I told the counselor a little story, after asking her first of course, and my wife never had to say a word. She was passed immediately without even one question. I have to say though I worked for the government for 29 years so I have a lot of insight into how they work.