Wife needs birth certificate but cant get ID

Hello everyone, so Ive submitted the I130 in Beijing July 18. My wife and I are trying to get everything ready with white books, problem that we have is that she doesn't have a birth certificate, born 1991 at home. We were told to get her parents IDs and travel back to where her hometown was but her father is no longer in contact with the family. Do we have to have her parents IDs to get her notorial birth certificate? Or is there another way, we have the houku and names of everyone listed in it.

Any info is appreciated.

Hello everyone, so Ive submitted the I130 in Beijing July 18. My wife and I are trying to get everything ready with white books, problem that we have is that she doesn't have a birth certificate, born 1991 at home. We were told to get her parents IDs and travel back to where her hometown was but her father is no longer in contact with the family. Do we have to have her parents IDs to get her notorial birth certificate? Or is there another way, we have the houku and names of everyone listed in it.

Any info is appreciated.

You shouldn't need her parents' ID's, but sometimes they can be persnickety about stuff like that.

Ask at the Gong Zheng Chu, or 公证处֤֤֤. , or have someone ask for you. A family member can most likely get the Notarial Certificate of Birth for you.

The white books are covered here, in a pinned topic -

Chinese Essential Documents - White Books

The topic includes sample documents, and explanations of the Chinese terminology used in the documents.

The Notarial Certificate of Birth is NOT a document for use in China - it is generated by the notarial office for use overseas. The hukou book and ID's are used for birth certification in China, including at the Gong Zheng Chu, or 公证处֤֤֤.

We have called three times and explained the situation. Unfortunately they keep telling us they need her parents IDs. I dont understand why the Houku isn't enough, it list her, her parents in it. What if we can't get it, what can we do? Is the birth certificate a must need for the DCF process?

Take names, and make notes about what they tell you. This will be necessary if the birth certificate is unobtainable.

Does she have any family members who can help?

You can also try taking the wife's hukou and ID to another Gong Zheng Chu

We will note names and yes her brother will try to visit her father but Ive heard hes very stubborn and may not let us get a picture of the ID. This is really concerning for me because Guangzhou USCIS and the Gong Zheng Chu said we need the birth certificate. We have a seven month old daughter and this has been a very tough time for us. All help is appreciated, thanks!

Not to add any additional pressure but I absolutely would haul ass to get this done. USCIS has decided to close all international field offices by the end of March 2020, with the bulk of them shuttering by the end of January 2020. They've already closed Manila, Moscow, and one of the Mexico offices. Once a cut-off date is set, all new petitions will be forwarded to the Chicago lock box. My guess is that an application with a pending RFE would get forwarded to one of the USCIS service centers in the US, which would significantly lengthen the process and create more opportunities for USCIS to screw up or lose your paperwork.

Yes, you will need the white book. Someone just recently posted a similar topic - getting RFE'd during AOS after submitting only the medical certificate: http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/49893-rfe-for-birth-cert-after-biometrics-while-in-the-us-on-travel-visa/

Any chance some $$$ might persuade her father to change course? Just a thought ...

I already submitted the I130 back on July 18th, will a closure cause a problem if it gets approved before? Also, I brought up giving money but I guess her father is very strange, may not take it. Is the birth certificate an absolute must for the interview? Or can a statement with evidence showing we couldn't get it work?

I already submitted the I130 back on July 18th, will a closure cause a problem if it gets approved before? Also, I brought up giving money but I guess her father is very strange, may not take it. Is the birth certificate an absolute must for the interview? Or can a statement with evidence showing we couldn't get it work?

If it gets approved you should be fine. I would be surprised if you don't get an RFE for the missing white book. I'm almost 100% sure a photocopy needs to be included with the I130.

Edited by fluffyballs (see edit history)

You will need to show that it is UNOBTAINABLE. You haven't even convinced ME yet

Have a family member, or better yet, your wife, go to the GONG ZHENG CHU with her ID and the hukou, and see what happens.

Sample application for documents (your province or hukou may vary):

http://bnpo.gov.cn/en/en_index

My expectation is that the Guangzhou USCIS WON'T be closed, but, in any event, that shouldn't affect you, unless an RFE is still outstanding.

This is as close as they've come to an actual announcement, so I expect the plans are fairly fluid - it's only an internal directive.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/49869-dcf-ending/

The director of United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, L. Francis Cissna, told senior staff members this week that the international division, which has operations in more than 20 countries, would close down by the end of the year, according to two people with knowledge of the meeting.

Just to try to keep this in perspective, there are two entirely different bars here -

• One is to convince us that your father-in-law is an a**hole.
  • The other is to convince the Consulate that the certificate is unobtainable.

The second one is the one you need to be concerned with.

There are legal firms in China that can help you there, but the fees will run around $1300.