Jump to content


Documents needed for immgrant visa application of minor child

IR -2 minor child IR-2 Family Immigration

  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 Randy W

Randy W

    ֣ resident

  • Admin
  • 24,085 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:54 AM

in less than 3 hours, Consulate called and gave Wayne his passport and visa . 

The kid is excited .  He said he doesn't want to use his Chinese name anymore and asked me to change his name to Wayne once he arrives.    


Where can I have his name officially changed in the US ?  


Either through the courts (talk to a lawyer about what is required in your state), or watch for opportunities during the immigrations process. But I believe that would be possible only when he naturalizes.


Or simply start calling him "Wayne".

#32 Greg.D.


    Addicted Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:22 PM

First name change requires a court and meeting certain conditions (so you're not running away from debt, etc).


He definitely gets to use Wayne, though, but the driver's license has to show whatever name is on his green card.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IR -2 minor child, IR-2, Family Immigration

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users