Paying the Green Card Immigration Fee Online

Many thanks to Mike NuWorld for the screen shots and write-up, which I've copied to a pinned topic from his original post

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/47701-paying-the-green-card-fees/

This is normally done AFTER a successful interview, and before traveling to the U.S. Green card production will be ordered AFTER the visa recipient has been processed by the POE. If the fee has not been paid by that time, green card production will be delayed until it is paid.

Well i just finished creating an account on the ELIS site for my sister in law and nephew.

I must say JUST to open this account has to be the worst pain in the ass.

After twenty question (More than) and many email verifications i finally got long in.

IMO: This had to be the worst part of this entire process just to create an account for a green card. (BS)

We all think that going down this visa road is rough?

Just try getting the green card finished and paid for.

I have an easier time logging into my company bank account.

OK! I'm done with my rant.

During this whole process i made some screen shots for ya.

Just to give all the ones that just received there new visa what to look forward to next.

(Doug? Good luck to ya buddy creating this account, It's a pain in the ass)

Any how here is what it look like (After you jump through all the hoops) and get logged in.

(NOTE: The very first picture/paragraph it clearly states ANYONE can pay the green card fee)

This contradicts my first post and once account is created you will see different rules.

gallery_2511_725_110817.jpg

gallery_2511_725_122129.jpg

gallery_2511_725_131852.jpg

gallery_2511_725_17117.jpg

gallery_2511_725_122984.jpg

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Randy for the pined topic.

I have just updated the original post with some new screen shots added with

where you can add/update your mailing address. (Green card) - http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/47701-paying-the-green-card-fees/

I will keep that thread updated from time of entry POE to SS card and green card in hand.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

Is this done in Guangzhou? This is the first time I have seen any mention of a fee for Green Card anything. Are there more? Is this done after the application is approved/granted and prior to the actual immigration? It is a little vague.

Thanks for posting this info. I will probably find more things like this will 'pop up' as we progress through the process? It would be nice if there was a complete list of documents, fees, etc. As well as the fact that staying in Guangzhou for two days to do medical, vaccinations and the inevitable waiting to be interviewed.

My wife has been to the US as a tourist (2014, for two months) and was granted the tourist vise. Will this make any of the steps for immigration easier? She interviewed to get her visa for our trip. Does anyone know?

Thanks for sharing needed and useful information,

phyrwrks

Hello, Is this done in Guangzhou? This is the first time I have seen any mention of a fee for Green Card anything. Are there more? Is this done after the application is approved/granted and prior to the actual immigration? It is a little vague. Thanks for posting this info. I will probably find more things like this will 'pop up' as we progress through the process? It would be nice if there was a complete list of documents, fees, etc. As well as the fact that staying in Guangzhou for two days to do medical, vaccinations and the inevitable waiting to be interviewed. My wife has been to the US as a tourist (2014, for two months) and was granted the tourist vise. Will this make any of the steps for immigration easier? She interviewed to get her visa for our trip. Does anyone know? Thanks for sharing needed and useful information, phyrwrks

You do it after the visa is approved and issued, recommended to pay this before traveling to the USA.

Or it can be paid just after arrival.

http://www.uscis.gov/online-filing

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the fast response, one more question.

Please enter the 'A-Number' and 'Case ID' provided to you by the Department of State at the time you were issued your Immigrant Visa. The 'A-Number' you list must be 9 digits in length. If your 'A-Number' is fewer than 9 digits, you must insert the necessary amount of zeros (0) after 'A' and before your number to create a 9 digit entry. For example, provide A000012345 for A12345.

My wife's visa doesn't actually have A in front of the number and isn't 9 digits in length. It's just 8. Should I add it in myself? Like A000012345.

Also for the Case number, I can't add in the last number on her visa. it seems to be at it's limit?

I got these errors below:

A-Number does not contain a valid pattern (e.g. A012345678).

ERROR: A-Number does not contain a valid pattern (e.g. A012345678).
ERROR: You have entered an invalid DOS Case ID. Please recheck your USCIS Immigrant Fee handout from the Department of State (DOS). The DOS Case ID should look like the following example: ABC1234567890
ERROR: You have entered an invalid DOS Case ID. Please recheck your USCIS Immigrant Fee handout from the Department of State (DOS). The DOS Case ID should look like the following example: ABC1234567890
Edited by pinoy0320 (see edit history)