Documents needed for immgrant visa application of minor child

Hello GUZ;

My USC petition for my step son ( 13 years old ) just got approved .

My wife is in China now , It would be most convenient for her to prepare any notarized documents while she is there .

Can you tell us what are going to be needed for minor child from China ?

Thanks.

USCONGUZ has not been active on this forum since 2009 - please refer to your other topic. http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/47905-cr-2-consulate-process/

I don't think you will get a response from the consulate rep here. USCONGUZ: Member Since 14 Oct 2005 OFFLINE Last Active Sep 09 2009 01:57 AM

Anyway the answer will be:

• Passport with at least 3 to 6 months validity left.
  • Notary birth cert + Translation
  • Since less than Age 16 no police cert needed...
  • I would have Marriage Cert establishing petitioner stepparent relationship to child.
  • Consent of custodial parent allowing leaving China

Also refer to: http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/47905-cr-2-consulate-process/

• 2 months later...

WOW ! in 2011 , my wife was able to pick it up in the post office location in 2 days or so .... now it is much longer...

Yes - I figure that anything longer than ONE day is completely unreasonable, especially considering that foreigners are supposed to have their passport with them at all times and cannot travel without it.

My wife got a call that DS260 for my step son needs correction ,the first name has to e exactly the same as in the passport , went into the ceac.gov and made the correction and save it but not able to sign and submit it . Anyone has experience ? I am going to call Guangzhou when they are open . Can anyone share their address fir the interview in Chinese and English ? Thanks