For AOS Purposes

Guest Long_strider

Our AOS experience was easy and quick in Portland, Oregon. Married in July, applied for AOS in late July, received EAD card the same day. In September received in the AP. Had the AOS interview letter in September and the interview in early October. Received the Green card in late October, about 3 weeks after the interview.

Long_strider

I am not going to tell you unless you say that you will move!!

I admire Colorado but would not want to live there, an elevation of 800 feet above sea level is plenty for me. But I am serious about moving somewhere else to get out of the Atlanta processing district.

It's not going to matter, soon all AOS applications are going to go to Chicago, no matter which local office you file at.

October 14, 2003 Changes to Local/District I-485 "Adjustment/Green Card" Application Procedures

The changes in Local/District-filed I-485 "Adjustment/Green Card" applications procedures that were implemented in New York (in September), will apply to all districts ~within the next three months~. Local/District-filed adjustments (I-485) and related applications such as I-131 AP/travel permit, I-765 EAD/work authorization, will continue to be accepted at the local/district office, but then forwarded to the National Benefits Center (NBC). Initial "fee-in" receipts may be issued from the local/district office, but application receipts will be generated from the NBC. (These notices will include biometrics appointment receipts for the applicants to appear at a local Application Support Center (ASC).) Currently, it is advised that even if multiple biometrics appointment receipts are mailed to the applicant (for each application), the applicant should contact the US CIS as instructed (even if he/she already has been digitally fingerprinted/photographed). Also, in the near future, these types of applications will be mailed directly to the NBC for processing.

• 1 month later...