Wrong address in Immigrant Document Summary sheet

I noticed that on my Immigrant Document Summary, the Final address in the U.S. contains old address instead of the updated/new address.

We had the DS-260 updated with the new address but somehow this change is not reflected on Immigrant Document Summary sheet.

Did anyone had the similar situation? How can we correct this?

I have read in forums that we should update this at the POE. For some it worked and for some it still turned out that GC and SSN were sent to the wrong addresses.

Are there any other ways which can confirm that GC and SSN would be sent to the correct/new/updated address?

Hi Randy,

As always, thank you for the information.

After this address is updated, it works for receiving both Green Card and SSN card? I am not sure if this can also secure correct delivery of the SSN as well?

Let me also post this question to the original thread creator as well.

If a SSN card fails to arrive a couple weeks after arrival, simply go to your local SSA office and apply for one.

If a SSN card fails to arrive a couple weeks after arrival, simply go to your local SSA office and apply for one.

Thank you dnoblett. Yes that would be my PlanB.

The SS card is a separate application which must be filed seperately at the SS office. Only rarely will it be filed automatically from your immigrant information.

Thank you Randy. I think this is probably only true for K1/2/3 visas that they do not issue SSN. Mine is F2A and in DS-260, there is a section which says:

"Do you want the Social Security Administration to assign you an SSN (and issue a card) or issue you a new card (if you have an SSN)? You must answer "Yes" to this question and to the "Consent To Disclosure" in order to receive an SSN and/or card."

Since I have chosen "Yes", for F2A category, I do think they actually issue an SSN.

For GC, the above link you provided was helpful, there is at least additional way to change the address other than updating this address at the POE only. But I do not have any clue if that would update of address for receiving SS card as well.

The only difference between checking that box and NOT checking that box is that you have to wait to see if it works for you.

In any event, you can check with your SSA once your immigration records show up in their computer (usually about 7 to 10 days). They will only issue one number for you, but they can issue a duplicate card if the first one is lost or sent to the wrong address.