Paying the green card fees

Well my sister in law and her son received there passports with the new visas today.

next step is paying the Green card fees (165.00$) online at ELIS site.

How to Pay the Fee

Log in or create a new account in USCIS ELIS. Once you log in, select USCIS Immigrant Fee from the drop-down menu.

You will need your Alien Registration Number (A-Number) and U.S. Department of State (DOS) Case ID to pay the fee. (Tips on Finding Your A-Number and DOS Case ID.)

You may pay the fee for yourself and any family members who will live with you in the United States.

Note: Attorneys, accredited representatives and employers are not authorized to create a USCIS ELIS account on your behalf to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee. Only you may create a USCIS ELIS account to pay the fee to obtain your Green Card.

Note the last paragraph.

Does this mean ONLY my sister in law can pay the fees?

Or can the petitioner open an account and pay the fees himself?

Mike

Well i just finished creating an account on the ELIS site for my sister in law and nephew.

I must say JUST to open this account has to be the worst pain in the ass.

After twenty question (More than) and many email verifications i finally got long in.

IMO: This had to be the worst part of this entire process just to create an account for a green card. (BS)

We all think that going down this visa road is rough?

Just try getting the green card finished and paid for.

I have an easier time logging into my company bank account.

OK! I'm done with my rant.

During this whole process i made some screen shots for ya.

Just to give all the ones that just received there new visa what to look forward to next.

(Doug? Good luck to ya buddy creating this account, It's a pain in the ass)

Any how here is what it look like (After you jump through all the hoops) and get logged in.

(NOTE: The very first picture/paragraph it clearly states ANYONE can pay the green card fee)

This contradicts my first post and once account is created you will see different rules.

Read everything you see in these photos, It will help you later down the road.

gallery_2511_725_110817.jpg

gallery_2511_725_122129.jpg

gallery_2511_725_131852.jpg

gallery_2511_725_17117.jpg

gallery_2511_725_122984.jpg

gallery_2511_725_177992.jpg

Notice the red box i have highlighted on the right side of the photo.

These are the ONLY 3 things you can update with out submitting new documents.

gallery_2511_725_138164.jpg

Here you can add/update your address.

As others have said the POE should have this info when you arrive in the U.S.

I added/updated this info just to have a piece of mind.

I will keep this updated as time goes by.

From entry to the U.S. to SS number to Green card.

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)
  • 6 months later...

They must have changed this process. I just did it for my wife and did not have to go through all of that. I only have to enter the A-Number & Case number. After that, I could click "pay fee" and used my credit card. I did not have to create and account or upload anything. Let me know if I missed something.

They must have changed this process. I just did it for my wife and did not have to go through all of that. I only have to enter the A-Number & Case number. After that, I could click "pay fee" and used my credit card. I did not have to create and account or upload anything. Let me know if I missed something.

Mike showed the screens where you do that in this post - http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/47701-paying-the-green-card-fees/?p=621150

If you can get back on and VERIFY that the payment registered, then, no, you did not miss anything.