SerpentZA and Other Vloggers

Randy W

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing! C-Milk finds ONE guy to talk about dog meat with! (at least he DID get a shot of my avatar, even if he didn't drop by to say hello!)

This year. I don't think there WILL be ANY dog meat available the week of the "festival". They'll have to drop by on one of the OTHER 358 days of the year

OOPS - looks like it's deleted already!

This is my restoration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsI417oijfA&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Yunnan Bai Yao. I'll have Mama grab a few bottles before she leaves. Being on that dang blood thinner nowadays, I'm sometimes leaving a blood trail behind me after simply shaving.

15RMB is like $2.50. That's cheaper than anything I can get here that would serve the same purpose.

Paranoia strikes deep . . .

Targeted for DEPORTATION from China

Published on Jun 11, 2017

Serpentzas wife was recently stalked at her workplace by someone who came into the hospital with a photo of Winston and herself. He asked where she worked and which department. He claimed to be from "Youku". This scary situation is why we made this video.
In China there is a mass mob mentality when criticizing or reporting people for less than savory acts leads to a situation where a perceived mistake an lead to someone ending up in jail or in our cases, getting deported. Winston was recently a victim of an internet board that accused him of spying and called for his deportation. Foreign bars are being shut down and demolished left and right. Tune in to find out more.
Join us today as we talk about this in more detail!

Talked to Mama yesterday while she was on the bus. She didn't like the color of one of the medicines she was getting in town, so hopped the 1 hour bus ride to go to the big city to buy the correct color.

I do worry about some of the mountain medicines she brings back. Quart size bags of all different colored and textured contents that get boiled and then guzzled down. Showed my doc who was born and raised in Asia one of the bags. He said it was probably more of a diuretic than anything else, but he wouldn't trust it.

Winston gets psycho-analyzed - and ROASTED - in the comments

Tree L. Bolling Can you really understand English? What they said basically is that China is full of scams, all Chinese cannot drive, Chinese are very selfish, Chinese have bad manners, Chinese have no good samaritan . Because these bad things made themselves more vigilant, self dependent, more tolerant to bad traffics, and chaotic environment. In addition, Winston realized that he is a much better person than Chinese, and he learned how keep being a noble person without taking bad influence from Chinese.... These are the old topics played over and over again in their channels. Today, they just repeated these craps with a little more additional nonsense.
Reply 37
photo.jpg
Mr Trappist I know, imagine how bad drivers/rude and selfish they really are!
Reply 3
photo.jpg
Quix I am not denying the reality. Yes, these bad things indeed exist in China. Again as always what they did 1) generalization 2) exerggeration . Moreover, there are many positive things in China. I am sure some positive things influenced them positively. I just wonder why ADVCHINA has to be pure negative to China and Chinese. And how hard it is for them to say some real positive side of China?
Reply 8
These videos are made for tourists showing the pros and cons of China for people around the world, He obviously doesnt mean to ridicule China if he still lives there. South Africa is a very dangerous country, one in which you most likely have never been, and you dont know about his background and why he doesnt see his parents. Also it takes a very long time to get a visa to visit china and it is also quite costly. So if you think you can just leave the country at will why dont you see child labor workers flee your beloved country.
Reply 5

• 2 weeks later...

The laoweiners Mr and Mrs Milk are re-united

Snippets from the trip

Published on Jul 3, 2017

Hey Laowinners!

I am finally home! It's been an amazing trip filming Conquering Northern China, and I can't believe we actually rode 10,000 km. across all of northern China. Living in China and travel all across the country has brought me to experience Chinese food, culture, and the country Like I have never seen it before. From Shandong to Liaoning, to Jilin, to Inner Mongolia to Heilongjiang, to the North Korean border and the Russian border, it has been amazing to see all of Dongbei and experience all of the awesome Chinese food, and Chinese people along the way. Enjoy this travel vlog as Laowhy86, the China vlogger takes you on a trip through Northeast China.

Stay tuned for a new video every Tuesday!

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • Like 1

If you want to catch her live . . . This is 8:30AM Sat. CDT. Mrs. Milk Streams Live!

My first stream! Come join me, Vivienne Wei, part of the laowhy86 team as I answer your questions tonight!
Join me today as I talk more about it!
Watch and see what my experience is here in China.
Stay tuned for a new video every Saturday!
Join me on my husband's channel every week for videos about China! Don't forget to subscribe!

• 3 weeks later...

This is an interesting article by Mr Milk on Steemit about the business behind YouTube - slightly long-ish, read if you're interested.

YouTube in China is hard - Steemit may save my career

So there I was, full time YouTuber. Some videos breaking 1,000,000 views, and the Adsense checks rolling in. Here I was, supporting my stay at home wife (we just had a baby) with a salary from my dream job.
The problem is, despite feeling like an entrepreneur, and looking at a possible boss-less future, I realized that I had a new boss.
And this boss is mean, and unapproachable.
. . .
I have seen more than a 50% loss in both channels ad revenue, despite consistent views and growth. There are theories, and analytics, and articles galore, but the truth at the end of the day is that YouTubers make less money now, and other than expanding to other platforms (Facebook still hasn't monetized content for most people), us creators are left without a choice.
. . .
It was fans, friends, and other Steemit users that pushed me here. I'll admit, adopting a new platform of social media is difficult, especially when you work for so many years to create a fan base.
However, after a lot of reading, and enough awesome people patiently explaining crypto, new world platforms, and decentralized media, I can safely say that I am a convert, and for very good reason.
With massively disruptive middle men, and large corporations, being a content creator has become a career in which you not only self censor, but also share your hard earned profits with what is basically a dictator. Your contents success is dictated not by you, the creator, but by the company that makes you feel "lucky" for being able to use their platform.
. . .
However, in this push to block everything from the outside world, China has created a mass of domestic apps and social media sites. Things like Youku, BiliBili, Acfun, and Tudou, Chinese internet users have their own home grown ways to share and watch videos (albeit highly censored).
This has created a seemingly lucrative business. I now have nearly a billion potential new fans within what can be described as an intranet.
However, this is the very source of the problem.
With little to no copyright protection in China, my content is stolen by more influential channels, and some of my videos can receive 100x the views that they would normally get on YouTube, with me receiving 0 revenue. Having my content stolen and mistranslated by Chinese netizens has created a situation where I am misrepresented in the Chinese internet sphere, and I lose any potential revenue to the thieves who have stolen the content, and use the millions of views to promote the product they are selling etc...