SerpentZA and Other Vloggers

Randy W

C-milk talks about the "growing nationalism" in China, . . . and gets his wife's iPhone fixed. His wife chimes in with her point of view, for about 3 minutes.

Published on Sep 2, 2016

Join me on a very nationalistic Daily Milk

This are different now. You can feel it in the air. There are many things leading the China becoming more and more nationalistic, but one thing is for sure, it's not the best time to be a foreigner here. Collectivism vs. Individualism is leading to foreigners being targeted for xenophobia.

• 1 month later...

I listened to the first one.

Though he feels he was talking about Chinese people, he was really talking about himself.

Maybe someday he will get over himself and, like Elsa, "Let It Go" :)

P.S. I've been taken specifically to one of his "truck town's" restaurants for a special chicken meal and it was great. The one in his vid is full of locals which is a good thing, as we all know.

I've liked most of Serpent's stuff...these two vids...they were just a self absorbed serpent swallowin' it's tail. Boring and way short of "awesome". Maybe he needs to leave China for awhile and get a new perspective...if these two videos were the first ones I had ever seen of him....I'd never have seen anymore. His buddy, Milk cow or whatever his name is, is surpassing the ol' face rubbing South African's in content. Instead of his cuttin' down his Chinese hosts, I think Serpent needs to show some scantily clad Chinese dancing girls to liven up his long in the tooth videos. :victory:

Yes, that "bad" video was more than a little bit of a rant on his part, although I think there was some good information between the two.

He now earns his living from "patreons" and subscribers to his videos. I don't remember hearing about what has happened with the business at his motorcycle shop. He DOES seem to have changed his style, and not necessarily for the better.

Speaking of self-indulgence, he is about to head to the U.S. for a 2 month "Corvette Christmas tour" (with a 20 year-old Corvette someone lined up for him), to visit with his patreons and subscribers.

I think that he is put off by the local's with their recent nationalistic attitudes brought on by the anti American (western world) stick your nose into the South China Sea issue. China is coming up in the world and are kinda demanding the respect that goes with it. Same reputations that Americans use to have in Europe. I don't know what the attitude there is now toward Americans.

I've heard C-milk saying the exact same thing. I'm pretty sure that in places it is happening or at least with some Chinese folks. Chinese folks usually follow the leader with what they are fed on the TV just like Americans.

• 4 weeks later...

A very long discussion of various aspects of living in China, with some ranting, but plenty of information

A discussion with one of our members - I believe the ONLY one - who DID manage to get a green card - http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/38595-permanent-residence-in-china/?p=516008

Working and living in China, interactions with Chinese people, a professor of ancient Chinese culture from England, credit cards, use of Chinese ID vs. foreign passports, buying property, Chinese driver's license for foreigners, "When every day is like Day One . . . " in China.

My wife tried to get me a credit card in my name, but was told that I needed a real Chinese name, documented by a birth certificate or Chinese ID - the Chinese names I've used for my driver's license or other places weren't good enough.

The way I put it is that - You're Outnumbered! They're all Chinese - you're not. Two things stick out as far as things I wouldn't want to do in China - working (although teaching English was a good experience), and raising a child.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Winston is now touring the U.S. in a Corvette that some of his "patreon" buddies helped procure for him.

In the meantime, he's also posted this video, where he lights into the "Lost Generation" and the dancing grannies from about 3:55 to 8:36.

Another rant warning.

I kin feels it in my scrotum baggie...Serpent boy's "China Life" is comin' to a close. He's ridin' around in his Corvette with it's whopping 1980's 250 horsepower engine (enough power there to almost get out of yore own way) as he searches for a new country to tell us about how it is to live there. Next country, Serpie, try and keep the rant in yore pants. No one likes some white boy with a microphone tellin' them what is wrong with their country. :giggle:

Maybe you can try Uzbekistan as yore new country to ride the lil' scooter across and tell us how it is to live there. Stay AWESOME, Bubba, and good luck. :worthy: :victory:

I don't think S is doing something untoward. It's a discussion. Discussions are always critical and some would take that to be negative. Both guys do present facts not opinions but often the two are indistinguishable. Observations are exactly that, observations.

They have a right to their opinion. So do we. I think the more opinions, the better the solution.

Is the milk man ready to expand his property holdings in Chinartucky?

I don't care if his house does fall down, we ain't sellin' our beautiful home in Fushun. Shucks, it has stood for more than 9 years now, maybe it ain't gonna topple, or fall apart. :victory:

Edited to add: Victory icon. :rotfl:

Edited by Randy W
just keepin' the boys together - hope you don't mind (see edit history)
  • Like 1