SerpentZA and Other Vloggers

Randy W

On 11/24/2022 at 12:07 AM, Barfus said:

And another vlogger leaving: 

They cite visa issues and the difficulty of doing business in China... not surprising.

BTW I noticed Gweilo has been silent for a few weeks now. 

Nico is a drama queen, but I can imagine that it's difficult for two foreigners to maintain their residence permits. Alex Reporterfry seems to have MUCH closer ties to the iChongQing people.

Gweilo just does his videos for fun - doesn't have much incentive to get out otherwise. And what with his wife's cancer, there's no telling what he's been up to lately.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

This is Lei's take on the protests in "Chongqing, Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Nanjing, Chengdu, and more cities. China has not seen this many public demonstrations since the Tiananmen student movement in 1989. How will Beijing handle this?"

Will the CCP survive the mass protests caused by its Zero-COVID policy?

These links go to YouTube

1:55 The fire and riots in Urumqi
11:00 A Chongqing protestor being rescued
17:17 Comparing the protests to 1989 Pro-democracy student movement
22:05 Xi Jinping's direction to the local governments on the protests
31:18 Foxconn aftermath

I'm still unsure of her credentials and what to think of her opinions, but this is very interesting just for the history it provides of Jiang Zemin.

Will the death of Jiang cause widespread unrest in China, threatening Xi’s power?

. . . and her history of Jiang Zemin. A very interesting story

The stories of Chinese leader Jiang Zemin that people know but don’t talk about

Dec 8, 2022
Chinese leader Jiang Zemin has died. And Chinese people everywhere are feeling a sense of relief. Jiang Zemin is probably the biggest joke that has ever come out of the CCP, because there is mounting evidence that the former CCP leader was not even a communist party member himself. In fact, by the CCP’s own definition, Jiang might have been called a traitor because there is evidence that he had colluded with the Japanese and the Soviet KGB. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's VERY sad to see Alex of Reporterfy Media on iChongqing spouting Russsian propaganda with Patrick Lancaster.

A quote from Alex - "The Russians are being VERY polite" by firing warning shots.

This is propaganda that CGTN won't even touch.

I won't link to or embed here.

from iChonqing on YouTube

Geopolitics, China , Ukraine | G20 | Duran | Patrick Lancaster | Reporterfy Live Part 3 RECAP

• Sad 1

On 12/22/2022 at 5:02 AM, Randy W said:

It's VERY sad to see Alex of Reporterfy Media on iChongqing spouting Russsian propaganda with Patrick Lancaster.

A quote from Alex - "The Russians are being VERY polite" by firing warning shots.

This is propaganda that CGTN won't even touch.

I won't link to or embed here.

from iChonqing on YouTube

Geopolitics, China , Ukraine | G20 | Duran | Patrick Lancaster | Reporterfy Live Part 3 RECAP

Not sure what these guys are going after. Is the money really that good? Do they really detest the west so much? I'm legitimately curious as to what's driving these wackos to act this way. I'm pretty sure Alex Reportefy doesn't even have a connection to China (e.g. a spouse)... he's just a random Canadian living in Vietnam who happens to be a geopolitical expert on China??? 

4 hours ago, Barfus said:

Not sure what these guys are going after. Is the money really that good? Do they really detest the west so much? I'm legitimately curious as to what's driving these wackos to act this way. I'm pretty sure Alex Reportefy doesn't even have a connection to China (e.g. a spouse)... he's just a random Canadian living in Vietnam who happens to be a geopolitical expert on China??? 

No - he DOES live in Chongqing. His residence permit I think must be employment-based, but would iChongqing be able to sponsor him?

I'm unclear on his situation in China.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

There's a new video from Alex Reporterfry, Daniel Dumbrill, and Cyrus Janssen, including Patrick Lancaster and a couple of other vloggers, explaining how the war in Ukraine is all America's/NATO'S fault for being such a threat to Russia. 2 hrs. Very disgusting. China Russia Geopolitics 2023.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a vlogger, but a VERY interesting video from CNN and Selina Wang about a rural Chinese New Year and government minders

See moment that shocked CNN reporter during interview deep in rural China

CNN's Selina Wang traveled to rural China during the traditional Lunar New Year. See how government officials responded.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2020 at 2:06 PM, Randy W said:

Gweilo 60 on NNTV - for those who can't access the NNTV behind the Reverse Great Firewall, I've uploaded it to YouTube. He now (July 18) has his own copy uploaded

DanielTien is the NNTV cameraman who did that documentary on Gweilo for NNTV

元宵夜南宁,漫步三街两巷 Nanning night

• 2 weeks later...

Alex Reporterfry here seems to be the propaganda arm of one of China's propaganda arms (iChongqing), posting stuff that CGTN wouldn't even touch.

Reporterfry Media.jpg

My advice to ALL China YouTubers is simply this - anytime you hear the name Patrick Lancaster, turn around and RUN.

17 hours ago, Barfus said:

The state of China vlogging continues to fall to new lows.... both on the "pro" and "anti" China sides. 

Time to go watch some SerpentZA videos from 2015-2018 to help lift the spirits LOL. 

It's especially grating to hear Alex pronounce words like Daxing as rhyming with the English word faxing, and Zhuhai as "zoo-hay". Seems like he could at least TRY to pronounce placenames correctly.