SerpentZA and Other Vloggers

Randy W

Hey yo one!

Naomi 'SexyCyborg' Wu spills ALL her beans! I found this to be a very fascinating story of the effect the "one-child policy" - and Dolly Parton - had on her life. She talks about why she tried to emulate Dolly's "trailer trash" look.

She was her parents FOURTH attempt to satisfy a requirement from their parents that they conceive a BOY before getting married.

Gweilo struggles to make a coherent political statement, especially when you realize he's using an entirely different lens when talking about Canada than he does for China.

He also points out that his Children's Patreon account will, for now, no longer be used for children's charities in China.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Chris Chappell doesn't seem to be real impressed with the Olympics.

Choosing China to hold the Olympic games was a controversial decision, so it's no surprise that the 2022 Beijing Olympics have been mired in controversy from the beginning. In this episode of China Unscripted, we look at 10 dystopian visions of the Beijing Winter Olympics.

On 1/29/2022 at 1:45 AM, Barfus said:

Wow - that's really a shame. Despite not agreeing with this guy, obviously I don't think anyone would wish his wife gets ill again. 

He's in a tough spot. Paying cash for good-quality medical care in China is incredibly expensive. But his Canadian insurance doesn't kick in for another few months. In his case I'm not sure why he's waiting a month to go back, if there's a COVID outbreak in Nanning around the time of his departure he could be looking at several weeks delay, possibly not even able to go to Chongqing. Not too mention all the instability with flight schedules these days. And it could in theory be years before they can come back to China (if ever). Lots of factors.

While it would be financially painful, I would choose the fastest way to get the best treatment possible. Stop messing around with insurance and start paying cash until insurance kicks in. Sell the house in Nanning and rent a dumpy apartment in Chongqing. Or sell the condo in Canada and rent or stay with family to pay cash for treatment until insurance goes online. I'd even be looking at paying cash at a top clinic in the US if need be (the first idea that came into my wife's head when I told her about this). I know a Canadian who was in a similar situation, he ended up paying $100k to get treated at the Mayo Clinic ASAP because of the waiting times in Canada. 

I get the sense there are some financial considerations going on here which I'm not a fan of when it comes to life/death of a family member, given how he's hinted numerous times at being very financially well-off due to all the businesses he had in Canada. 

As a Canadian citizen, she has already received treatment for her cancer under the (FREE) Canadian system

Here he explains a little more about their situation, including that traveling to Chongqing is difficult right now.

"Selling the farm" in order to be able to afford needed health care is a uniquely American concept. There is a couple on YouTube who did exactly that - Amelia & JP. They are living in Ecuador, where they can afford to LIVE while getting out for under his million+ dollar medical bills.

On 2/13/2022 at 9:47 PM, Randy W said:

As a Canadian citizen, she has already received treatment for her cancer under the (FREE) Canadian system

Here he explains a little more about their situation, including that traveling to Chongqing is difficult right now.

"Selling the farm" in order to be able to afford needed health care is a uniquely American concept. There is a couple on YouTube who did exactly that - Amelia & JP. They are living in Ecuador, where they can afford to LIVE while getting out for under his million+ dollar medical bills.

I can't imagine the stress he's going through. Though I've gotta say I'm surprised to hear him standing up for the Canadian truckers, disagreeing with vaccine mandates, condoning the idea of Canada dissolving into many small countries... while at the same time praising the Chinese government for doing the exact opposite of that. It's a bit puzzling. These latest 4-5 videos have really been odd.

How Do We Shower at -71°C (-95°F) | Yakut village, Siberia

Kiun B

We all have our daily habits and routines. In the morning we get up, take a shower, wash our teeth, and have breakfast. But the daily routine in the coldest place on Earth is something different...

On 11/29/2021 at 10:24 PM, Randy W said:

My new definition of insanity - an American posting a video to a largely Chinese audience about why he thinks America wants a war with China. 

America Wants War with China - Why This American is Saying No!

The Global Times has picked up Janssen's drumbeat - these YouTubers have no clue about the minefield they are treading upon.

GT Voice: US’ warmongering in Ukraine is only for wartime profiteering
By Global Times
Published: Feb 16, 2022 09:16 PM

US President Joe Biden said in an address on Tuesday that "an invasion remains distinctly possible." His remarks came just several hours after Russia's defense ministry said that a grouping of troops near Ukraine are returning to their bases after completing military drills, a development that has been widely seen as an apparent sign of de-escalation of tensions between Russia and Ukraine.

It is rather clear that both Russia and Ukraine have no intention of eagerly going to war, but Washington, with its dramatic warnings and performance art, has still been trying to make the world believe that World War III is imminent. That only makes sense if the US has much to gain from such a dire scenario, and it does indeed.

Behind the US' hysteric hype about a potential war in Ukraine are its intentions of satisfying the voracious appetite of its military-industrial complex, which stands to gain the most from a potential war. That's why US officials are sparing no efforts in misleading Russia and Ukraine into a military conflict.

If a war breaks out, the Russian economy would face enormous sanction pressure from the West, while Ukraine would also suffer. And the US would end up being the biggest beneficiary of the war. Particularly, US defense contractors and arms makers stand to gain the most from any conflict in Europe.

• 2 weeks later...

Winston at his serpentziest here - nothing surprising or new. Still, he knows what he's talking about, even if he is the only guy I know of who can talk out of both sides of his mouth in the same sentence.

But some interesting stories for a few minutes here and there - worth a watch, if you have an hour and a half to spare, if only for the opening collage.

"If it wasn't for me, I doubt that any of them would have taken that first step."

About YouTubers in China - "Anyone who's not sucking off the CCP is not doing very well."

Outro at 01:25:00, if you want to watch that.

Is Serpentza the Original China Shill? Live Interview With Serpentza!

Streamed live on Mar 17, 2022

After watching some of his (CCP Shill Busters') other videos, I can see he's a real goofball, ala Prime in China (who is still around), although he did manage to compose himself for the interview with Winston.

Meanwhile, CGTN is turning to "experts" to support their position in favor of "maximum restraint", never mind TOTAL restraint. Guess who is right there font and center?

Cyrus Janssen CGTN.jpg

I think China needs to understand WHY Russian soldiers are in Ukraine in the first place, and what it will actually take to get them to leave.

I'm watching CGTN "Man on the street" interviews. The reporter seems to be having some trouble getting people to say what they want to hear - that "China is the only country that can mediate and bring about peace."

• 2 weeks later...

Jingjing seems to be a fairly independent thinker who was brought up completely in China. It's unfortunate that she spent so much time with the YouTubers over the past couple of years, and is getting caught up in the politics.

Li Jingjing 李菁菁 on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugkxc4NmJ-AYaTWUbuuvJNwyY7wFVqs14poN

Western media targets me AGAIN!

Hey guys! Some updates, AP today published a piece that features my YouTube channel, calling me a "Chinese lady influencer" peddling propaganda for governments, as if Chinese women are unable to have their own opinions, lol. For those of you who have been following my work for a while, you know this is the second time that Western media targets me (last time it was the New York Times). 
What's funny to me is, they always try to depict me as someone who hides my identity and my occupation in order to "manipulate" or "mislead" you guys. As I've already explained in my previous videos, and many of my followers know this very well, I am a reporter that is currently working for CGTN, and I've also worked for other media in China before. I make other contents for CGTN on their platforms. But this is my personal YouTube channel that I've already started to use since 2012 (looooong before I joined CGTN) when I was still in university. Here I publish programs that I personally interested in, my travel vlogs, my behind-the-scene stories that I do during my free time.

Why am I doing this? Because as a Chinese myself who has lived both in China and the West, I believe all countries and cultures are just as great as my own, and people living in the world should co-exist with each other peacefully. But over all these years I’ve seen how my own culture, my own country, is often unfairly presented by Western mainstream media, and in my view it gets worse day by day. 
So I decided to be vocal on social media, tell people different sides of stories I see as a journalist here, the stories of the amazing people I’ve met as I travel around China, and my beliefs and understandings of my country as a Chinese myself. These are the sides of the stories that many Western media ignored or twisted.
I hope my country will be treated and presented in a fair and balanced way. I hope other countries, other cultures in the world will be presented fairly as well.
I guess those of you who followed my work probably are sharing similar beliefs: tired of constant lies by some media, tired of foreign interventions in your countries, tried of your cultures and countries are being unfairly presented. 
So if you do like my work, if you share similar beliefs with me, I really really appreciate your support. ♥️

Jingjing AP attack.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Winston tells parts of his story that I don't think he's talked about before going back to 2006, including how he got there in the first place. More than half the video is about 2006 - 2010.

How I Survived China for 14 Years

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Randy W said:

Winston tells parts of his story that I don't think he's talked about before going back to 2006, including how he got there in the first place. More than half the video is about 2006 - 2010.

How I Survived China for 14 Years

Loved the first half. Seeing all the pre-2012 footage made me feel so nostalgic. He will always be the China vlogger OG, despite the turn his channel took a few years ago.

• Like 1