SerpentZA and Other Vloggers

Randy W

In his eagerness to shill for China, Cyrus is COMPLETELY (and sadly) missing the point - this may be a great business model - for NOW, anyway. Direct from China factory sales. Shipping from China is VERY cheap for even small packages, thanks to China's status as a "developing country" with the Universal Postal Union. Chinese companies sell on Amazon even individual screws at prices, with shipping, that undercut American prices and convenience.

We checked on Taobao - of course the shirts are available there. I've ordered a couple to check it out.

I've posted before about an app that sells cheap stuff from China, similar to what Cyrus is trying to promote, but I don't remember the name and can't find it right now.

On 3/4/2023 at 1:11 PM, Randy W said:

In his eagerness to shill for China, Cyrus is COMPLETELY (and sadly) missing the point - this may be a great business model - for NOW, anyway. Direct from China factory sales. Shipping from China is VERY cheap for even small packages, thanks to China's status as a "developing country" with the Universal Postal Union. Chinese companies sell on Amazon even individual screws at prices, with shipping, that undercut American prices and convenience.

. . .

I've posted before about an app that sells cheap stuff from China, similar to what Cyrus is trying to promote, but I don't remember the name and can't find it right now.

Temu is the name of the site - I had posted about it here back in Sept. on CFL
China’s Pinduoduo Quietly Launches U.S. E-Commerce Site Temu

More from the Sixth Tone - 

The PDD-owned, U.S.-based e-commerce firm Temu has been downloaded more than 24 million times since debuting last September. The app, essentially an international version of Pinduoduo, had been the no. 1 free shopping app on both Apple and Goole's U.S. app stores for most of the past two months.

from the Sixth Tone on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/sixthtone/photos/a.1604152706570250/3472935059691996

The shirt I got on Taobao seems to be of VERY good quality, and, at direct from factory prices, coupled with VERY cheap commercial shipping from China, should be attractive, but, generally, cheap merchandise from China doesn't rise to the level of an Amazon killer.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Barfus said:

Word on the street is Gweilo is back in Nanning now or almost there. Will be interesting to see if he continues making videos, and what kinds. 

He's been slacking off for a while now. No output recently.

His Facebook page hasn't been updated since last October, but I did find this tweet from last month

https://twitter.com/Gweilo60/status/1633629508233490432

. . . and just now noticed this one

He is VERY active on Twitter - averaging around a tweet or two or three every day for as far back as I looked. Mostly political/pro-China/anti-west.

That second one was two days ago - probably the only two days where he didn't tweet anything, at least in the last month or so.

9 hours ago, Randy W said:

His Facebook page hasn't been updated since last October, but I did find this tweet from last month

https://twitter.com/Gweilo60/status/1633629508233490432

. . . and just now noticed this one

He is VERY active on Twitter - averaging around a tweet or two or three every day for as far back as I looked. Mostly political/pro-China/anti-west.

That second one was two days ago - probably the only two days where he didn't tweet anything, at least in the last month or so.

His Twitter is a disaster. I'm guessing 80% of the posts (the anti-west/pro-China stuff) is written by someone else - those posts are written in flawless high-level English whereas Gweilo's English is pretty damn rudimentary and filled with grammatical/spelling errors. My guess is there is, of course, money involved. 

3 hours ago, Barfus said:

His Twitter is a disaster. I'm guessing 80% of the posts (the anti-west/pro-China stuff) is written by someone else - those posts are written in flawless high-level English whereas Gweilo's English is pretty damn rudimentary and filled with grammatical/spelling errors. My guess is there is, of course, money involved. 

LOL - but it's not clear who would pay who for that. I did notice that the tweets stopped 2 days ago when he said he was heading to China.

We'll see if he surfaces somewhere in the next few days.

HE'S BA-AA-AAA-AA-CK!!?!

• Haha 1

Lei's Real Talk talks about the pitfalls for foreign companies doing business in China. Yes, the bamboo curtain is a thing again.

Did Beijing use BMW’s ice cream meltdown to put out a real fire for the CCP?

What are the hidden risks of doing business in China? BMW’s Mini had a PR crisis over ice cream at the Shanghai Auto Show, forcing the brand to apologize repeatedly. But was it the ice cream or the unfortunate timing of a fire in Beijing and CCP politics?  If companies like BMW cannot control this hidden risk of doing business in China, they’ll be forced out quickly. 

It's sad to listen to these geopolitically-challenged "geopolitical analysts" "getting their message out" with propaganda that CGTN won't even touch. No links or embedding here, thank you.

Geopolitics | UKRAINE TAIWAN What's Next| Brian Berletic | Cyrus Janssen | Alex Reporterfy 4K

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gweilo talks about his Canadian Cheetos

• Confused 1

Lei discusses China's playing of the "rare earth" card

How dependent is the United States on China for rare earth products?

China has the most of the world’s rare earth reserves and the largest rare earth production.  As U.S. cuts off Beijing’s access to advanced semiconductor chips, China fights back by restricting exports of rare earth technologies and products. This is not the first time China plays the rare earth card. How dependent is the United States on China’s rare earth production? Will China’s countermeasure succeed? 

Other articles on the rare earth "weapon" - http://candleforlove.com/forums/search/?q="rare earth"&quick=1