Guangzhou Medical Process

I just 'learned' this today about the Guangzhou Visa Medical Process.

1. You need two forms. See: http://www.gdwbzx.com/

Form #1: http://www.gdwbzx.com/ReadNews.asp?NewsID=438

Form #2: http://www.gdwbzx.com/ReadNews.asp?NewsID=439

2. You need 8 passport photos for the medical plus two for the Interview plus your Interview appointment letter.

3. If you stand in line with incomplete forms or are missing anything you will be sent away. You will not be given a number.

4. The number of morning and afternoon numbers given out are limited.

5. #29 was not called until 10:00 a.m.

6. The last morning numbers were given out around 10:00 a.m.

7. The X-ray room Doctors pointed out a 'new' Consulate Policy Notice on their wall. Any shadow or any doubt in an x-ray requires a 3 day TB test.

8. You will given a pick up slip and a pick up time.

9. You may pay for expedited service with no guarantee you will get faster service.

Another point, in the case of K-1 medical it is advisable to get the vaccinations done there and recorded on a separate DS-3025 form sealed separate for later use when adjusting status after marriage.

See: http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/41344-us-civil-surgeons-and-the-i-693/

I want to add to this thread something that is commonly known but could be a problem for some.

At the exam, the woman is asked if she is pregnant. If she is, she can be denied some or all vaccinations, leading to an incomplete vaccination record for a civil surgeon to approve later. And, her vacccinations (and AOS) could be delayed until she is no longer pregnant.

But, also, she will be denied a chest X-ray. Maybe she can substitute the TB test?

When the med exam results (CD) are handed to the officer at the POE, are they examined at that time?

Any comments on these sticking points? Or corrections? Thanks.

• Like 1

I want to add to this thread something that is commonly known but could be a problem for some.

At the exam, the woman is asked if she is pregnant. If she is, she can be denied some or all vaccinations, leading to an incomplete vaccination record for a civil surgeon to approve later. And, her vacccinations (and AOS) could be delayed until she is no longer pregnant.

But, also, she will be denied a chest X-ray. Maybe she can substitute the TB test?

When the med exam results (CD) are handed to the officer at the POE, are they examined at that time?

Any comments on these sticking points? Or corrections? Thanks.

The civil surgeon (or panel physician if overseas) is responsible for determining medically appropriate vaccinations and/or testing appropriate for the condition of the applicant. Yes, a visa or AOS can be delayed if all tests are not administered - this is determined by the physician according to CDC guidelines. No, the medical report is NOT examined at the POE, nor is the chest x-ray.

CDC - Guidelines for Vaccinating Pregnant Women

and

Technical Instructions for Panel Physicians and Civil Surgeons

General contraindications for the administration of a vaccine include:

. . .

• Pregnancy as a contraindication for receiving live attenuated vaccines for MMR, varicella, and intranasal influenza

. . .

In general, vaccines are deferred when a precaution condition is present. If the decision to defer a vaccine is made, the precaution condition should be recorded as a medical condition and the "Contraindication" waiver box on Form I-693 must be checked.

. . .

The civil surgeon is responsible for—

Reviewing any incomplete vaccination series to determine if eligible for a blanket waiver.

A blanket waiver is a waiver that is applied uniformly to a group of conditions and does not require a separate waiver application or fee to be filed with USCIS. In many cases, it might not be medically appropriate to administer a dose of a particular vaccine. Four "Not Medically Appropriate" categories are acceptable when determining an applicant's eligibility for a blanket waiver.

The four "Not Medically Appropriate" categories are—

. . .

• Contraindication

If an applicant has contraindications to specific vaccines, the "Contraindication" waiver box for that vaccine must be checked.

Perhaps someone can fill in from experience as to what happens in some actual cases.

This is definitely relevant to my situation. :sweating_buckets:

"If the applicant is pregnant must she have a chest x-ray?

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) requires that women who are pregnant and required to have a medical examination in connection with the issuance of a visa, and are examined in a country currently using the 2007 TB Technical Instructions must have a chest x-ray examination conducted. Pregnant women will have to provide the panel physician with consent to conduct the chest x-ray. For the health of the applicant and her unborn child, CDC instructs panel physicians and laboratories to provide abdominal and pelvic protection with double layer, wrap-around lead shields when they receive the chest radiographs."

Edited by yuehan123 (see edit history)
  • Like 1