Communist Party Form and Other Issues

That link of Randy's is goooood stuff. We modified our letter of explanation and her resume because of it.

November 19, 2014 to March 12, 2015 was the time we were in Administrative Processing.

(About 4 months for us, but the sooner you give them what they want, the sooner the clock starts ticking. So maybe 3-3.5 months once you send in everything they ask for. Yes some people are less and some more, like 6 months and the unusual year or two, but that is rare.)

I was really hoping that she would be home for the summer with me, but seems unlikely now.

Fen & I hated it, but we both have disciplined ourselves well. Even the strong feelings, lately, that the visa was immanent got pushed down. That is why the past 2 days we have been a bit numb and lost now that it is approved. We really geared our life to Skype and my visits every 2-3 months. I owe vacation time to my boss, even tough I asked for furloughs. We had to avoid certain subjects, for her sake, so she could sleep at night. I had to turn away from news, so I would not get angry at the delays in processing time because of the dream kids taking away USCIS staff. We both had to not let ourselves think too much about when we would get the visas. We had alternative plans if we never got a visa. We were going to be together.

If I may say:

Look, your interview was approved. You're in the home stretch. You have accomplished approval in the most difficult part, the interview. So relax. You're going to get the visa. Do some special things now to make life easier for her when she arrives. Think good thoughts when depression hits. If you can't then curl up like a ball and sleep it off. :D

Good post Douggie!!!

One thing that helped me through our 4 years and 10 months of waiting was this simple saying that I took to heart. "Happiness is optional"....it is up to us as individuals to determine, and or make our own happiness when the shit hits the fan. Wenyan and I chose happiness when the State Department bastards pooped on our parade. You NEVER let the bastards win. You find ways to cope and you find ways to make your own happiness. Keep focused on your goal and know that it WILL HAPPEN.

In particular I'd never trust timelines on this commie crap game they State Department plays, and I would never make plans on when they are going to give up the visa. Three months, six months, a year....who knows??? Just don't take any of those figures to heart and make plans. You'll get the visa when they give it.

Good luck, "keep yer pecker up, mate she'll be right in the end"....as they say in New Zealand when your back is up against the wall. :victory: Your woman WILL get her visa.

tsap seui

Thank you for your kind words. I feel like I have been ill-advised on this matter from my attorney. I could have done the interview earlier had I known the true extent of this issue. Here's hoping it only takes 3 months...hoping anyway.

• Like 1

Hang in there, and get your wife to take Tsappers words to heart. Have faith, and get a good nights sleep. You in an unusual situation and you will make it work. Can't change the past. Love each other and relax. Tsap has it right.

Thank you for your kind words. I feel like I have been ill-advised on this matter from my attorney. I could have done the interview earlier had I known the true extent of this issue. Here's hoping it only takes 3 months...hoping anyway.

Most immigration attorneys have no clue about Chinese immigration, and about how the US State Department doesn't even follow it's own written rules, much less have any oversight on them in Guangzhou. Marc Ellis is the only immigration that has a clue about Guangzhou, the rest of he immigration attorneys...you might as well hire Donald Duck, better yet, just about any average poster from Candle For Love that has stuck around after he got his wife her visa. :rotfl:

• Like 2

Most immigration attorneys have no clue about Chinese immigration, and about how the US State Department doesn't even follow it's own written rules, much less have any oversight on them in Guangzhou. Marc Ellis is the only immigration that has a clue about Guangzhou, the rest of he immigration attorneys...you might as well hire Donald Duck, better yet, just about any average poster from Candle For Love that has stuck around after he got his wife her visa. :rotfl:

I think the people here are the true experts. Kudos to you all.

• Like 1