Communist Party Form and Other Issues

Hi all, I love this forum,

My wife and I began this treacherous visa path in September, it has been nothing but blood, sweat, and tears. We finally had our interview today and we are not feeling very good about it.

She was not rejected, but "Preliminarily approved." My first question is, what does this mean? Does this imply that after we submit the required documents that she will be accepted? Is there still a chance of rejection?

Oddly they asked for my mothers afdt of support as they didn't think that my father's was good enough (actually my father's income is well above the limit so I don't know why they are demanding this)

Our main concern is the CCP issue. She is a party member as it was advantageous to employment and scholarship (she received many scholarships). My attorney said that all she needed to do is explain that she joined for these reasons and this would be no problem (last time I listen to her). The consular official gave my wife a form asking her to provide a written statement, such as when she joined, any offices held, degree to which she supported the goals of the party...etc. She is young, her membership wont be cancelled after not paying her membership dues for some time.

What is this form exactly? Is it just a way for the consulate to say they did their due diligence or the beginning of a serious investigation? She obviously is not a true Communist as there are hardly anyone in the party today who have any hint of communist feeling. What do they mean by "any offices held?" Unofficial titles? Government posts? One thing my wife and I fear is that her local party leader may have written additional things in her official file that she didn't do. This is common in China, providing empty titles and other nonsense that didn't happen to impress superiors. We don't actually know what is written in her file and we don't want to inadvertently lie to the consulate if they do have the means to see her file.

How long will it take for the consular office to approve her visa based on the information I posted? I am going home in June and I do not want to leave my wife in China (she has no place to live after I leave)

Yes, the consulate can demand an I-864A from a joint sponsor's spouse if they see commingled income on a joint return, just have your mother fill out an I-864A.

As for CCP, in all cases the consulate has to send a request for ruling to Washington, I have yet to see Washington deny over party membership for work and school reasons. Party membership is an inadmissibility rule that needs a waiver. This unfortunately will add a few months post interview processing.

As for offices held, that has to being a full active card carrying member of the party, she was not.

Again I have never seen a denial for CCP membership.

• Like 1

Yes, the consulate can demand an I-864A from a joint sponsor's spouse if they see commingled income on a joint return, just have your mother fill out an I-864A.

As for CCP, in all cases the consulate has to send a request for ruling to Washington, I have yet to see Washington deny over party membership for work and school reasons. Party membership is an inadmissibility rule that needs a waiver. This unfortunately will add a few months post interview processing.

As for offices held, that has to being a full active card carrying member of the party, she was not.

Again I have never seen a denial for CCP membership.

Thank you for your reply. I have been researching a lot but there is not much beyond what is on this forum. Should I be filling out a waiver? They only gave me one sheet from which she must issue a statement. How many months are we talking? More than three? She was told to organize some meetings but I that is the extent of work with the party. No official title as I understand it but I fear that the party branch may have embellished her membership to give their members better employment prospects. She skipped the last few meetings and hasn't paid the fees for about a year.. Still worried though.

No need to file an I-601 the consulate handles this automatically.

And again do not fear the CCP issue.

As for time frame for CCP issue tends to average about 4 months, I have seen a couple go longer than that, and a few go shorter.

Check out topics tagged CCP Waiver http://candleforlove.com/forums/tags/forums/CCP%2BWaiver/

The questions about CCP is a standard form they give you. Just do what it says. Randy W had some interesting comments about it though.

I made up one of those posts dnoblett has in the links there, where I try to show all those forms and junk they gave my wife and other forms you need to use to submit what they want. http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/47406-preliminarily-approved-ccp-citic-cgi-stanley-uid-number-birth-cert/

Some stuff you have to scan and email in. Other stuff may have to send via CITIC bank, all according to what instructions they gave you. Their is a form for CITIC Bank submittal that you need to take 2 filled out copies of to the bank, but of course nothing tells you what a UID number or some of the other numbers are, so I tried to post all of that to try to help.

For us, they wanted another set of income tax returns, for 2 of the 3 years they already had. At the interview they took my original employment letter, copy, and originals & copies of a years worth of pay check stubs. I have no idea why they are being so picky on documentation like this these days, but they are. You just have to roll with it. (We allowed our US Govt to get larger and larger, over my life time, to where now it is like traveling in an old movie of WWII Germany with all these papers. A real police state. So, just be a sheep and roll with it now. :D :) )

We did everything on the papers and now they want another birth certificate on her. We just have to roll with their punches.

Keep it up, your past the hardest part, IMHO.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

No need to file an I-601 the consulate handles this automatically.

And again do not fear the CCP issue.

As for time frame for CCP issue tends to average about 4 months, I have seen a couple go longer than that, and a few go shorter.

Check out topics tagged CCP Waiver http://candleforlove.com/forums/tags/forums/CCP%2BWaiver/

Thank you for your reply. I really hope she can return with me for the summer. I have looked at the topics, I am currently helping my wife draft the statement that they want. Not exactly sure if we should just answer the list of questions one by one or write a paragraph that contain the answers.

The questions about CCP is a standard form they give you. Just do what it says. Randy W had some interesting comments about it though.

I made up one of those posts dnoblett has in the links there, where I try to show all those forms and junk they gave my wife and other forms you need to use to submit what they want. http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/47406-preliminarily-approved-ccp-citic-cgi-stanley-uid-number-birth-cert/

Some stuff you have to scan and email in. Other stuff may have to send via CITIC bank, all according to what instructions they gave you. Their is a form for CITIC Bank submittal that you need to take 2 filled out copies of to the bank, but of course nothing tells you what a UID number or some of the other numbers are, so I tried to post all of that to try to help.

For us, they wanted another set of income tax returns, for 2 of the 3 years they already had. At the interview they took my original employment letter, copy, and originals & copies of a years worth of pay check stubs. I have no idea why they are being so picky on documentation like this these days, but they are. You just have to roll with it. (We allowed our US Govt to get larger and larger, over my life time, to where now it is like traveling in an old movie of WWII Germany with all these papers. A real police state. So, just be a sheep and roll with it now. :D :) )

We did everything on the papers and now they want another birth certificate on her. We just have to roll with their punches.

Keep it up, your past the hardest part, IMHO.

Yes, I saw the page you made and it was very helpful, good work! They asked for another afdt of support when my father's already was well above the requirement. I fear that they will want another because it will likely be summer time (past tax season) before they actually get around to working on her visa again. Would it be best to submit the 2014 information even though it is still March?

So is it standard procedure to have a statement ready with you when you go to the interview for this sort of thing? I hired an attorney and she insisted that no statement was necessary and then...boom...the interviewer asked for a statement immediately.

Also my attorney insists that this administrative processing will take less than 2 months, but I am looking at the wait times and that seems awfully ambitious.

So is it standard procedure to have a statement ready with you when you go to the interview for this sort of thing? I hired an attorney and she insisted that no statement was necessary and then...boom...the interviewer asked for a statement immediately.

Also my attorney insists that this administrative processing will take less than 2 months, but I am looking at the wait times and that seems awfully ambitious.

Sounds like your lawyer needs to study more.

Sounds like your lawyer needs to study more.

. . . but the CCP thing will almost always result in AP time anyway - a statement at the interview is usually not enough.

Some interesting reading on that here -

CCP Membership Issues

Edited by dnoblett
Acronym fixed (see edit history)

That link of Randy's is goooood stuff. We modified our letter of explanation and her resume because of it.

November 19, 2014 to March 12, 2015 was the time we were in Administrative Processing.

(About 4 months for us, but the sooner you give them what they want, the sooner the clock starts ticking. So maybe 3-3.5 months once you send in everything they ask for. Yes some people are less and some more, like 6 months and the unusual year or two, but that is rare.)

• Like 1

That link of Randy's is goooood stuff. We modified our letter of explanation and her resume because of it.

November 19, 2014 to March 12, 2015 was the time we were in Administrative Processing.

(About 4 months for us, but the sooner you give them what they want, the sooner the clock starts ticking. So maybe 3-3.5 months once you send in everything they ask for. Yes some people are less and some more, like 6 months and the unusual year or two, but that is rare.)

I was really hoping that she would be home for the summer with me, but seems unlikely now.

I was really hoping that she would be home for the summer with me, but seems unlikely now.

Fen & I hated it, but we both have disciplined ourselves well. Even the strong feelings, lately, that the visa was immanent got pushed down. That is why the past 2 days we have been a bit numb and lost now that it is approved. We really geared our life to Skype and my visits every 2-3 months. I owe vacation time to my boss, even tough I asked for furloughs. We had to avoid certain subjects, for her sake, so she could sleep at night. I had to turn away from news, so I would not get angry at the delays in processing time because of the dream kids taking away USCIS staff. We both had to not let ourselves think too much about when we would get the visas. We had alternative plans if we never got a visa. We were going to be together.

If I may say:

Look, your interview was approved. You're in the home stretch. You have accomplished approval in the most difficult part, the interview. So relax. You're going to get the visa. Do some special things now to make life easier for her when she arrives. Think good thoughts when depression hits. If you can't then curl up like a ball and sleep it off. :D

• Like 3

Fen & I hated it, but we both have disciplined ourselves well. Even the strong feelings, lately, that the visa was immanent got pushed down. That is why the past 2 days we have been a bit numb and lost now that it is approved. We really geared our life to Skype and my visits every 2-3 months. I owe vacation time to my boss, even tough I asked for furloughs. We had to avoid certain subjects, for her sake, so she could sleep at night. I had to turn away from news, so I would not get angry at the delays in processing time because of the dream kids taking away USCIS staff. We both had to not let ourselves think too much about when we would get the visas. We had alternative plans if we never got a visa. We were going to be together.

If I may say:

Look, your interview was approved. You're in the home stretch. You have accomplished approval in the most difficult part, the interview. So relax. You're going to get the visa. Do some special things now to make life easier for her when she arrives. Think good thoughts when depression hits. If you can't then curl up like a ball and sleep it off. :D

Good post Douggie!!!

One thing that helped me through our 4 years and 10 months of waiting was this simple saying that I took to heart. "Happiness is optional"....it is up to us as individuals to determine, and or make our own happiness when the shit hits the fan. Wenyan and I chose happiness when the State Department bastards pooped on our parade. You NEVER let the bastards win. You find ways to cope and you find ways to make your own happiness. Keep focused on your goal and know that it WILL HAPPEN.

In particular I'd never trust timelines on this commie crap game they State Department plays, and I would never make plans on when they are going to give up the visa. Three months, six months, a year....who knows??? Just don't take any of those figures to heart and make plans. You'll get the visa when they give it.

Good luck, "keep yer pecker up, mate she'll be right in the end"....as they say in New Zealand when your back is up against the wall. :victory: Your woman WILL get her visa.

tsap seui

• Like 2

If I may say:

Thank you, luckily I am still with her for the next three months, but beyond that I will have to return and leave her. We have had plenty of sleepless nights, but I know others have had a much more difficult time than we have. I suppose the most infuriating part is my attorney insisting that a CCP statement was not needed at the interview when I asked, not telling us that we would go into administrative processing (as all ccp members do), and telling us that administrative processing would be two months at the most (and this is not the case either). If I had known that this would have happened I would have done things differently from the beginning and it would not have been such a problem.

Edited by Onlytenviewsperday (see edit history)
  • Like 1