Has anyone started the business of shipping US products to China?

xiaoyan1985

The market for American products has grown a lot in recent years, especially brand products. Buying in the US is cheaper made many Chinese buy things from the people who are living in the US.There are many websites for this kind of business. So I wonder has anyone done this in here? The extensive shipping fee can be a big problem right? I am thinking of doing this as something on the side once I get the US...so thank you in advance. I am not sure how to reply to a specific person in this forum that's why sometimes I don't reply back...my writing is worse than my speaking and listening...so I am not sure if I expressed myself well.

There are tons of these services out there, be it products from the US, Japan, South Korea, etc. There is some money to be made, but competition is really an issue, and a couple of my friends doing this now believe it's more work than the money is worth. However, when done the right way and in the right situation, probably still could make some decent money........

We do have a guy here that says that he is making some money at it along with his wife.

But for me I would not quit my day job. Carl is right. Shipping fees are so high and it take so long for the shipping. I just bought some stuff from China about a week ago and they don't expect it to get here until the 19 of Dec and they were just small parts.

Another problem is they won't accept anything but cash now because of the credit card thing that is going on in China now. I think that China wants to take over all the Credit card money that passes back and fourth for fees now for themselves. I had to use Pay Pal with a direct draw from my checking account in order to buy these parts. Never had to do that before 1 Nov. 2914

We do have a guy here that says that he is making some money at it along with his wife.

But for me I would not quit my day job. Carl is right. Shipping fees are so high and it take so long for the shipping. I just bought some stuff from China about a week ago and they don't expect it to get here until the 19 of Dec and they were just small parts.

Another problem is they won't accept anything but cash now because of the credit card thing that is going on in China now. I think that China wants to take over all the Credit card money that passes back and fourth for fees now for themselves. I had to use Pay Pal with a direct draw from my checking account in order to buy these parts. Never had to do that before 1 Nov. 2914

I posted a thread on that a couple of weeks ago - Western Credit Cards in China. The Discover Card is supposed to work the same as a Union Pay in China, if you want to try that, although, like I've said, I've never heard of anyone trying that.

I posted a thread on that a couple of weeks ago - Western Credit Cards in China. The Discover Card is supposed to work the same as a Union Pay in China, if you want to try that, although, like I've said, I've never heard of anyone trying that.

Thanks Randy. I remember the post very well and obviously it is in force now.

Now, I had one of the very first Discovery cards made when Sears started issuing them way back when. It had all 0's except for the last three digits which was 4 hundred something. They also issued me another one something like a platinum one. I called them and told them that I already had one but they insisted that I keep it so I did. Then this year without any warning what so ever they canceled both of them. When I called them up they said that it was because I hadn't used them in so long. That is a disadvantage of having a Chinese wife. I didn't give a crap about the platinum one but I had the old one so long I was pissed about that. So now I don't have one and probably won't get another one. I had even left one with the in-laws in case they ever needed any money they could go to one of the machines and get some emergency money if needed.

Thanks Randy