Preliminarily Approved, CCP, CITIC, CGI Stanley, UID number, Birth Cer

Doug

Hey Doug,

OK guys I updated the original post & title. It still needs a little work, but the wife is leaning on me to go get some sleep. Busy day tomorrow.

Randy THANKS A BUNCH. I owe you one on this. We changed our answer to a compromise where she said she will quit the CCP before she comes to the USA. That essay is good goo advice.

Hey Doug, congrats on the preliminary approval. What is the status of your case today? I see in this thread the issue with CCP. Wishing you all well.

WOW, thanks for asking. Here it is 1:35 in the morning, barely 24th of Feb. and I just checked and it has a stats update as of Feb 24.

THANKS FOR THE GOOD LUCK YOU GAVE ME. ;)

Other than just right now, we have been waiting.

I understand the torture you are enduring and how it feels to ask your torturer to please stop torturing you, when indeed they need to have their nose broken.

The "status update" for which you speak, I assume it's on the NVC ceac website, or another place? What is the new status?

gallery_1846_737_48949.jpg

Look at the last picture in the original post #1. I edited that yesterday, for any new comers to this part of the process. It is still Administrative Processing.

Bot today it is updated again along with her daughters, so today they probably just linked them back together.

3 days in a row there has been an update to our cases. Now 2-26-2015.

Also got this email today. I'm already tingling and my heart and toes feel better, but before I let myself get too excited, is this it? If the 3rd version of sending in her birth certificate is OK this time, then the visa will be issued, or is this just a paper check and the dang thing was never sent to D.C. for the CCP waiver/overcome thing? (That would be another 4-6 months.)

Click on to enlarge:

gallery_1846_737_137919.jpg

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Probably not the final bell Douggie, but you are gittin' there, Amigo. Heck, this waitin' and gittin' yore chain jerk this way and that....it only makes the taste of your victory that much sweeter.

Ronny

• 2 weeks later...

More things to consider.
Be sure and fill out all the screens on the CGI Stanley website and then if you want to check and make sure they have the correct CGI Stanley location, do this from the Dashboard screen. Yes, they call this the Dashboard:
gallery_1846_737_66081.jpg
gallery_1846_737_25428.jpg

Note: There may be many CITIC Banks in your city, but we are limited which ones to pick. So pick the nearest you can. When you get to that bank, they may direct you to the main CITIC Bank for that city, to send documents to the Guangzhou Consulate. Just do what they say. The branch bank will send to the main bank anyway to go to Guangzhou, so we were told at our bank.
When Guangzhou sends something to you for pick up, it may be at the bank you selected, or it may be at the main bank for your city. Just roll with the Flo :)

OK, to start winding this thing down.

We submitted yet another birth certificate for my wife, per instructions in post #18, and the visa was immediately issued. The old birth paper had more details and a red seal, but they wanted something else with a red seal, so my wife got it, and here is the page from the latest white book birth cert:

gallery_1846_737_58713.jpg

Screen showing issued:

gallery_1846_737_48187.jpg

And the Dashboard:

gallery_1846_737_35398.jpg

Alright just to finish off the pics and this thread FOREVER :)

gallery_1846_737_61794.jpg

gallery_1846_737_40415.jpg

The visas are IR1 & IR2 so 10 year Green Cards, well thats a good thing. We applied for CR1/CR2 but now married over 2 years, so automatic IR1/IR2.

The visa is only good until April 26, when the medical expires, so the plane needs to work & weather cooperate.

And some words there about temp I-551 and temp Permanent Resident for one year.

The medical packets are sealed in plastic.

gallery_1846_737_119316.jpg

https://youtu.be/ilzFHM4_0dk

• 4 weeks later...

Well I guess that was NOT ALL folks.

In our excitement, my wife didn't begin to notice things until some time later. We need to pay this $160 per visa after getting the Visas and before leaving China. I guess they don't want to collect that part of the money earlier in the process, anticipating a rejection? Hahaha. :Dah: I certainly have not paid attention to this. SURPRISE It's not the money, just glad she caught it and sent these pics to me.

gallery_1846_737_20300.jpg

gallery_1846_737_30677.jpg

I found signing up for yet another website to take a lot of time, before allowed to pay.

http://www.uscis.gov/uscis-elis I have a load of screen shots, but not sure it needs posting. Just follow the instructions through all the junk you need to do to even set up an account to pay.

All the info you will need to fill in the screens to pay will be found on this paper given with the passport and new visa.

gallery_1846_737_46120.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hey Doug, thank for sharing all of the information. It is very helpful.

Do you know how long it usually takes to wait for the CCP issue?

I started CR-1 visa in the end of Jan this year, we did the interview in Guangzhou in April. But I didn't receive the paper indicating that i got "prelimary approval". They only gave me the piece of paper asking for additional information on education and CCP. I sent the scanned PDF file to them few days after the interview. So far i have been waiting about 8 weeks, and my job in US is supposed to start on July 20th (company gobal transfer). My husband helped to query them and even asked for help from senate. CEAC Status update showed June-18-2015, saying my visa case in undergoing necessary administrative processing. I am super worried here. I think i won't be able to make the date to go to US in July.

Hey Doug, thank for sharing all of the information. It is very helpful.

Do you know how long it usually takes to wait for the CCP issue?

I started CR-1 visa in the end of Jan this year, we did the interview in Guangzhou in April. But I didn't receive the paper indicating that i got "prelimary approval". They only gave me the piece of paper asking for additional information on education and CCP. I sent the scanned PDF file to them few days after the interview. So far i have been waiting about 8 weeks, and my job in US is supposed to start on July 20th (company gobal transfer). My husband helped to query them and even asked for help from senate. CEAC Status update showed June-18-2015, saying my visa case in undergoing necessary administrative processing. I am super worried here. I think i won't be able to make the date to go to US in July.

Felicia, sorry to hear your trouble, but I don't think there is much you, your husband, or the Senator can do. Those Senators and Congressmen love to give away power and this is one of them. They can't get any better answers than your husband.

I would talk with your company and see if you can work remotely for awhile, if needed. It is going to be close, but maybe it will clear up in time or by August. Carl is right about the typical time.

Felicia, looks like we are waiting together on approximately the same timeline. We also had a Guangzhou interview in April, and are also waiting on CCP issues. So let's keep sharing information. I am not too optimistic, and only hope we can go to the US by the end of 2015. September would be optimistic.

Thanks warpedbored, Doug and Summerlove for the information. Now I am mentally prepared for another 2 months. Btw, My husband and I decide to go back to US first using my B1/B2 visa that I got earlier this year with 10 years validity. He could start work right away in US, but I have to wait for the extension (if they would like to extend the job start date for me). But I heard I might be asked by the customer about my intention to stay in US since I've started my immigrant visa CR1 process but I will enter US with Non-Immigrant B1/B2 visa. Do you know if I should prepare some documents to convince customer that I intend to leave within 6 months? Thank you again.

Felicia