I-130 is finally approved after 10 months.

BIlly, as long as she enters (POE point of entry date) i to America is after your second year of marriage she should get the permanent card. Point the fact out to the immigration folks who process her in the airport, as well.

We started out as a CR-1 and I delayed things until the interview was after two years of marriage, but....I knew that I only had to wait for our entry POE date to be after the 2nd year of marriage date, should we have had the interview any sooner. I think, it is still, that you have 6 months to use the visa once she gets it.

IR-1 is the king LOL

Good luck

tsap seui

BIlly, as long as she enters (POE point of entry date) i to America is after your second year of marriage she should get the permanent card. Point the fact out to the immigration folks who process her in the airport, as well.

We started out as a CR-1 and I delayed things until the interview was after two years of marriage, but....I knew that I only had to wait for our entry POE date to be after the 2nd year of marriage date, should we have had the interview any sooner. I think, it is still, that you have 6 months to use the visa once she gets it.

IR-1 is the king LOL

Good luck

tsap seui

Thank you so much for the information!

It has to do with date permanent residence states is established, if before 2 years of marriage, the resulting green card will be a 2 year conditional card, if after 2 years of marriage the resulting green card will be a 10 year unconditional one. Residency status begins at time of entry to the USA at POE.

So yes if have a CR-1 visa but enter the USA on the visa after 2 years of marriage, the POE will code the green card 10 year unconditional.

Asked and answered by two lawyers here: http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/does-ir1--cr1-status-depend-on-the-date-of-entry-i-598639.html

It has to do with date permanent residence states is established, if before 2 years of marriage, the resulting green card will be a 2 year conditional card, if after 2 years of marriage the resulting green card will be a 10 year unconditional one. Residency status begins at time of entry to the USA at POE.

So yes if have a CR-1 visa but enter the USA on the visa after 2 years of marriage, the POE will code the green card 10 year unconditional.

Asked and answered by two lawyers here: http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/does-ir1--cr1-status-depend-on-the-date-of-entry-i-598639.html

Thanks for the confirmation! We will make sure to enter after 2 years of marriage.

Hi, Everyone,

Just received interview letter in emails for both case. Both letter scheduled the interview date and time for us.

One thing it mentioned is to check consulate's interview procedure. I checked the Guangzhou's web site, the procedure it described looks like for mail process, which the interview letter is sent by the consulate and applicants schedule the interview themselves.

For electronic processing, is there anything we need to do apart to obtain the medical exam report and photo in addition to the original documents already submitted. I saw on some forum, saying we need to submit the original documents, everything a day before? I could not find such thing in any where on their web site. Can any one confirm?

My understanding is my wife and daughter just need to show up 15 minutes before the interview time with all original documents.

Since we have to book the travel to Guangzhou, it is really important for us to know if we need to submit the original document to the Guangzhou consulate a day earlier.

Please advise!

Thanks

Bill

Yes, medical a couple days or more before the interview and show up at the consulate with all documents in hand. The sending of docs you handled electronically, other site mentioning sending docs in has to do with DCF in which cases applicant would not he dealing with NVC so would drop these documents off at a CITIC bank when paying interview fee.

Yes, medical a couple days or more before the interview and show up at the consulate with all documents in hand. The sending of docs you handled electronically, other site mentioning sending docs in has to do with DCF in which cases applicant would not he dealing with NVC so would drop these documents off at a CITIC bank when paying interview fee.

Dan,

Thanks for the information!