I-130 is finally approved after 10 months.

Randy,

Thanks for the reply!

Regarding whether to file I-864 or I-864W, the NVC lady told me, if I filed the wrong I-864, they will ask me to refile.

What I want to know is if it is an option to me to file a normal I-864 for my daughter instead of I-864W to indicate we want to maintain her Chinese citizenship. However there is no information on Internet could confirm it is one way or the other.

As you mentioned, she might be given the green card upon the entry, which would be strange if she is automatically granted as a citizen.

Yes, I was billed once for the AOS fee even we have two NVC cases. I am wondering if this is usual for two related I-130 to have two NVC cases. In another word, it is the normal practice of the NVC. I am more concerned about the two separated cases will lead to more confusion down the road. For example, two separate package to the Guangzhou and two different interview time.

If the normal practice is to have one NVC case after the I-130, is there any previous case to combine the cases by contacting NVC? Or it is complete waste of time. Will two cases cause issues coming to the interview time?

Appreciate all the helps I am getting from this board!

Bill

Yes, I have seen that before, they charge just one $88 fee to process several I-864, if they are being handled at the same time.

Randy,

Thanks for the reply!

Regarding whether to file I-864 or I-864W, the NVC lady told me, if I filed the wrong I-864, they will ask me to refile.

What I want to know is if it is an option to me to file a normal I-864 for my daughter instead of I-864W to indicate we want to maintain her Chinese citizenship. However there is no information on Internet could confirm it is one way or the other.

As you mentioned, she might be given the green card upon the entry, which would be strange if she is automatically granted as a citizen.

Yes, I was billed once for the AOS fee even we have two NVC cases. I am wondering if this is usual for two related I-130 to have two NVC cases. In another word, it is the normal practice of the NVC. I am more concerned about the two separated cases will lead to more confusion down the road. For example, two separate package to the Guangzhou and two different interview time.

If the normal practice is to have one NVC case after the I-130, is there any previous case to combine the cases by contacting NVC? Or it is complete waste of time. Will two cases cause issues coming to the interview time?

Appreciate all the helps I am getting from this board!

Bill

DON'T concern yourself with whether you have "one" or "two" cases - you have two beneficiaries. They will be processed appropriately. If you are only billed for ONE I-864, then you have saved yourself the fee for the other one. They will still submit TWO visa applications (and sets of fees) through the DS-260 to Guangzhou via NVC, and both will have the medical exam, and interview.

The question you NEED to be asking is whether your daughter will be able to acquire, maintain, and renew her green card, or whether she will be considered an American citizen because of the Child Citizenship Act of 2000, ineligible for the green card.

If you've already submitted the I-864 for both cases, there's no reason to submit an I-864W, unless you are asked to do so.

Now - why do you want her to travel on the Chinese passport?

Be aware persons born in China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan are qualified for a 2 year multiple use visa, and if you visit a China consulate and ask they can and do issue them valid for up to 5 years, so you would not have to hassle with a visa every time you visit China only once every 2 to 5 years.

https://www.oasischinavisa.com/tourist_visa.html

Morning All,

An update to share with everyone here.

I contacted NVC this morning. Here are their answers;

1. There will be two cases.

2. I-864W has to be submitted for my daughter (mandatory) , which means my daughter becomes US citizen upon entry is mandatory not optional.

Hope this information will help others.

Thank you all for providing your help to me!

I just paid the IV fee and have not yet received further instruction for DS-260. However I am preparing the documents for DS-260.

One question;

I know the police certificate has a shelf time. Is this the right time now for my wife to get the police certificate?

Thanks in advance!

Bill

I just paid the IV fee and have not yet received further instruction for DS-260. However I am preparing the documents for DS-260.

One question;

I know the police certificate has a shelf time. Is this the right time now for my wife to get the police certificate?

Thanks in advance!

Bill

Yes, now is the time to get these things, next up will be to scan and email these items to NVC if you opt in to the electronic process.

SEE: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/submit.html

And how to opt in to electronic process, highly recommended for Guangzhou. SEE: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/submit/how-to-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html#GroupB

Hi, everyone on this board. I am working on the DS-260 application. I need some of your helps:

There is a question in the "Medical and Health" section:

Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?

I know when my wife and daughter receive the interview notification, they will take the health exam as well as have the vaccinations with a letter from USCIS approved centers. However, we don't have those document now. Will I need to submit these via the e-filing now if I answer "yes" here.

If answer "yes" here only means they need to bring the approve of the vaccination for the interview, please let me know.

Thank you!

Hi, everyone on this board. I am working on the DS-260 application. I need some of your helps:

There is a question in the "Medical and Health" section:

Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?

I know when my wife and daughter receive the interview notification, they will take the health exam as well as have the vaccinations with a letter from USCIS approved centers. However, we don't have those document now. Will I need to submit these via the e-filing now if I answer "yes" here.

If answer "yes" here only means they need to bring the approve of the vaccination for the interview, please let me know.

Thank you!

They HAVE and WILL receive vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law (none are required until the time of the interview). They won't ask for the documentation except as part of the medical packet.

I would answer 'Yes'.

The wording of that question IS somewhat bizarre.

Hi, Everyone,

I sent my electronic enrollment email a week ago. I have so far heard nothing back from NVC regarding the case conversion. I called the NVC, The lady who took the call said she has no way to check if they are processing it or not. She also said I should receive an email confirmation of the receipting of my request right after I sent the email. She asked me to send in emails again, which I did, I still not seeing any email confirmation from NVC.

Any of you knows whether or not should I receive a confirmation email right away? If so, what did I do wrong. How can I check with NVC?

Thanks for the help!

Hi, Everyone,

I sent my electronic enrollment email a week ago. I have so far heard nothing back from NVC regarding the case conversion. I called the NVC, The lady who took the call said she has no way to check if they are processing it or not. She also said I should receive an email confirmation of the receipting of my request right after I sent the email. She asked me to send in emails again, which I did, I still not seeing any email confirmation from NVC.

Any of you knows whether or not should I receive a confirmation email right away? If so, what did I do wrong. How can I check with NVC?

Thanks for the help!

I'm not sure what the typical time period there is, but the response you're getting is typical. You won't hear a thing until it's been processed or they need more information.

Hopefully, someone else can help with how long it usually takes.