I-130 is finally approved after 10 months.

Randy,

Your description of the wait time was my original thought. However, I called twice today to NVC and was told by two different people that I should receive an automatic email reply for each case indicate the reception of the case. However when I push them about the content of that email. They have no clue. Simply ask me if I didn't receive the auto-reply, Try to send the request in again,

I resent the requests again, still have not receive the auto-reply. I asked them what if I still do not receive the auto reply, They said, just send in via mail

I really doubt they know whether or not should be an auto reply. However, I am desperate that there is no way to verify whether they have received my request and processing it or there is an issue of the system. Since the opt-in is only for Chinese IV. I don't think that should be that many.

Any one here can advise me on this subject how should I response?

Thanks!

Dan,

I am using the correct email address and format as well. I re-send the Enrollment email once yesterday and once today. Still no auto reply.

I called NVC again this morning was told "auto reply" emails do not always send out. However there is no way to verify the conversion process.

Dan,

I am using the correct email address and format as well. I re-send the Enrollment email once yesterday and once today. Still no auto reply.

I called NVC again this morning was told "auto reply" emails do not always send out. However there is no way to verify the conversion process.

Then I would sit tight and wait for them. NVC is in New Hampshire, the weather has been nice, so who knows the person who handles this may have taken a couple days off.

One question regarding the DS-260 timing, since we are still waiting for the electronic processing conversion:

I have already paid the AOS fee and both case IV fees. We have been given the DS-260 online access to fill out the information.

In your opinion, should we wait till the case number converted then submit the DS-260 or we can go ahead to submit the DS-260 now, it won't mess the things up?

Thanks

Randy,

The only reason to travel under a Chinese passport is I am expecting she will be back and forth frequently. Using Chinese passport we don't need to worry about visa to China.

So to avoid having to apply for Chinese visa and the fees, you rather your daughter not having an US citizenship? Really? Did you think this through? What happened to her children what she is old enough to have them and having trouble breathing or clean water becomes a luxury? Huh?

One question regarding the DS-260 timing, since we are still waiting for the electronic processing conversion:

I have already paid the AOS fee and both case IV fees. We have been given the DS-260 online access to fill out the information.

In your opinion, should we wait till the case number converted then submit the DS-260 or we can go ahead to submit the DS-260 now, it won't mess the things up?

Thanks

The electronicnvc is so backed up. It is minimum 20 days for the GZO and then your pdf stuck in the queue for another 20+ days to get read. I am not even sure how their server can keep all the 10MG files for that LONG and not effued up. Mine has been with NVC since January.

Randy,

The only reason to travel under a Chinese passport is I am expecting she will be back and forth frequently. Using Chinese passport we don't need to worry about visa to China.

So to avoid having to apply for Chinese visa and the fees, you rather your daughter not having an US citizenship? Really? Did you think this through? What happened to her children what she is old enough to have them and having trouble breathing or clean water becomes a luxury? Huh?

His plan is that the child will be an American citizen with a Chinese passport and a green card living in the U.S. (assuming she is eligible for a green card). She may acquire an American passport at any time, but will need to give up the Chinese passport once she uses the American passport to travel to China. Once she has an American passport, the green card will no longer be valid.

Using a Chinese passport in this way may cause more headaches than it saves.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Randy,

It turns out there is no option whether she can maintain the Chinese citizen or not. She will be a US citizen.

Regarding the pollution in China, every country going through the industrialization goes through the same situation. L.A in 50-70 was not any better than big cities in China now. The centralized government in China has more political power to deal with pollution than the US Federal government due to their system. However it will take decades if not century to clean it up. That is one of the reason I want my family come over to US.

There is no perfect place to live. While we don't need to worry about the food poisoning or the dirty air here, i do pray we will never hear on the news about shooting incident in our child's school. The dirty air will kill you slowly however the bullet can do that much quicker. I am not sure if we really made a good decision for our innocent child.

Thanks

The electronicnvc is so backed up. It is minimum 20 days for the GZO and then your pdf stuck in the queue for another 20+ days to get read. I am not even sure how their server can keep all the 10MG files for that LONG and not effued up. Mine has been with NVC since January.

If the electronic processing is so backed up, will the normal mail be quicker? I called NVC again yesterday. They told me the same thing, they are still processing the emails received in March. I noticed there are a lot of people online tracking showing they received response from NVC within a week. It is funny, every time when we filed something it becomes backed up. :rotfl:

It has been two weeks since I submitted the Electronic Processing email request. If it will take a month for them to convert. It will take another month if we are lucky to complete in NVC.The electronicing is a joke. For a government being so inefficient, are we still wondering why US is in descent?

Billy, it's okay to sound off. I well know It's not easy sitting in your seat at this time. I remember, and was in, the early stages of the new electronic processing that was going to make things go quickly and "efficiently". The added fees, how easy it would make things. :rotfl: We waited 8 months for the USCIS to put our paperwork on the NVC desk. It only took a day or two to get our GUZ number and in less than two weeks we were finished at the NVC. That was around this time in 2011...it doesn't mean anything...other than maybe the government had someone in the NVC office that was an efficient leader, who has been moved on, or fired for too much efficiency. Gee, it's only taken the government and it's workers 3 years to botch the whole thing up to this mess that you are sitting in, right back to where they were before they "made it quicker and easier. My guess was that they would have messed things up like this much sooner. I learned to never underestimate the government and it's workers. How could you?....there is no bottom for them. :nonono:

Hang in there man. You, and your family, will get through this dumb crap. You guys will soon be given control of your "bona fide relationship" back to yourselves. It isn't easy sitting in your seat, but just know that it does end.

Good luck with all of this. The sun will come back out soon. Useless dead weight performers that get paid money for their non-efforts, acting in total secrecy, and under the guise of Homeland Security will soon enough be behind you. :happy2:

I really liked your words in your post above.

"It turns out there is no option whether she can maintain the Chinese citizen or not. She will be a US citizen.

Regarding the pollution in China, every country going through the industrialization goes through the same situation. L.A in 50-70 was not any better than big cities in China now. The centralized government in China has more political power to deal with pollution than the US Federal government due to their system. However it will take decades if not century to clean it up. That is one of the reason I want my family come over to US.

There is no perfect place to live. While we don't need to worry about the food poisoning or the dirty air here, i do pray we will never hear on the news about shooting incident in our child's school. The dirty air will kill you slowly however the bullet can do that much quicker. I am not sure if we really made a good decision for our innocent child."

tsap seui

Bill, at least your getting people on the phone, I'm not so lucky. Also you have a GUZ number, I am over 30 days and none. I can't get a response to emails either. This thread is encouraging and covers a lot of info I need to refresh myself on and do as soon as I get the NVC#. I may use the email address your using now that Dan listed in post #47 to see if I can get an NVC number, or some kind of response.

Your 10 months to get approval from USCIS compares to my 7, which was approved 3-17, but I may have shortened my time due to filing an I-129F, after 3 months of realizing the I-130's are just sitting at the NBC with no action. For those in the near future the I-129F files after the I-130 receipt, it bundles with the I-130s and gets sent back to a local service center it seems. It took only 4 months after I sent in the I-129F, meeting the TSC timeline of 5 months or less. So perhaps I could have got approval in 4.5 months had I been aware of the delay at the NBC, and filed an I-129F as soon as I had a receipt on the I-130. Moot point I know Bill.

Anyway Congrads on your progress. I may be getting payback from all the grief I gave USCIS, hahaha.

Edited by Doug (see edit history)

Thanks

If the electronic processing is so backed up, will the normal mail be quicker? I called NVC again yesterday. They told me the same thing, they are still processing the emails received in March. I noticed there are a lot of people online tracking showing they received response from NVC within a week. It is funny, every time when we filed something it becomes backed up. :rotfl:

It has been two weeks since I submitted the Electronic Processing email request. If it will take a month for them to convert. It will take another month if we are lucky to complete in NVC.The electronicing is a joke. For a government being so inefficient, are we still wondering why US is in descent?

In hind sight, I am not sure why I signed up for the EP. You send out your pdf then you waited, and you waited, and you waited... No confirmation, not knowing if it arrived at its destination, and if it got lost in the big server at NVC. But they have been consistently 20 w-days behind in their reading emails from what I gather. But the no confirmation part is the most troublesome.

Edited by jonathantwu (see edit history)