I-130 is finally approved after 10 months.

The bigger issue with snail mail at NVC is the very long custom's delay in China which e-processing is supposed to help remove.

The long delays at NVC are not normal.

The bigger issue with snail mail at NVC is the very long custom's delay in China which e-processing is supposed to help remove.

Seven days in the customs is not unreasonable to me. Saw it on VJ posting.

Historically customs tended to delay 2 to 3 months, 1 week is unheard of.

J & W on this Timeline is typical of snail mail processing --> J&W Timeline

The others are very typical of eProcess.

I heard you, I am just stating an opinion based on current personal experience. How accurate is it? Only NVC knows.

I heard you, I am just stating an opinion based on current personal experience. How accurate is it? Only NVC knows.

The funny thing is when I check the VJ site, most people posting there got relative quick response. Every time I filed for something, it always turned out very slow. At lease now I have several people responded here got the similar experience. I am wondering if the race is a factor here.

It is approaching my third week now. Wish I will hear something this week from them.

Thanks for everyone who responded here. That gave me some encouragement finding I am not alone struggling here.

I can't quote anything or cut and paste, but "RACE" :surprise: (I even have to type that in) Nothing worse than being an old white US Citizen born in USA, that is... at least you get them on the phone and you have an NVC number. lucky you :happydance:

There is a Canadian fella that is having a hard time getting through the NVCElectronic too. I don't think race is a factor until it gets to the consolatory phase. However, being Filipino is certainly getting a break lately. Since there is high probability for fraud in GUZ it is not really a racial thing, rather, it's a credibility thing as a nation.

The whole EP is over-subscribed in my opinion. It take at least 20 days to get to the end of the queue which means you have a 40 days handicap out of the bat. 20 for waiting for GZO and 20 for doc. Disclaimer: PERSONAL opinion!

Yes, most of the abuse of citizens takes place at the USCIS level for sure. Guess I will find out about efiling and such soon enough. I did manage to get the NVC on the phone. Seems it takes 2-3 weeks to get their mail from USCIS and logged in. THEN the 30 days start, hahahaha...s

PS: It took 25 & 26 days to get a response from my first set of emails to NVC. That is slow. I'm hoping I have the GUZ # before they get to the next set.

Edited by Doug (see edit history)

I am still waiting for the electronic processing conversion. I sent on April 4th, it is my 4th week now. I called yesterday, They are reading the 3/30 now. Looks like at least another week,

One question regarding the electronic submission of AOS and VI:

Do I still need to insert the cover letter as the first page of every PDF file?

I am still waiting for the electronic processing conversion. I sent on April 4th, it is my 4th week now. I called yesterday, They are reading the 3/30 now. Looks like at least another week,

One question regarding the electronic submission of AOS and VI:

Do I still need to insert the cover letter as the first page of every PDF file?

I would only place a cover letter as an attachment in the email itself.

Hi, Everyone. I am preparing my AOS efiles, since it is looking close to me for my over 4 weeks wait for the electronic processing conversion.

I have one question here, since I filed this year's tax return. The tax transcript is still not available. If I submit the scan of this year's federal tax return, do I need to attach the W2 and other 1099s like the interest 1099 or the mortgage 1099?

What about the state return, do I need to submit that?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, Everyone. I am preparing my AOS efiles, since it is looking close to me for my over 4 weeks wait for the electronic processing conversion.

I have one question here, since I filed this year's tax return. The tax transcript is still not available. If I submit the scan of this year's federal tax return, do I need to attach the W2 and other 1099s like the interest 1099 or the mortgage 1099?

What about the state return, do I need to submit that?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, a return is not compleate unless you attach the forms showing where the numbers came from (W2 and 1099s)

From I-864 instructions:

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Immigration%20Stuff/I-864income.jpg