Affidavit of Support - what exactly is needed

Here's a new question: we're confirmed for our interview in GZ for October. However, because of our filing of the ITIN for my wife to get her social security number, I will not receive any confirmation from the IRS for transcripts or the like. All I have is my customer copy of the 2012 tax returns and the ITIN that I submitted on behalf of my wife. Will this be sufficient for the interview, or should we reschedule for when we have all the documentation in hand?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sammy

Here's a new question: we're confirmed for our interview in GZ for October. However, because of our filing of the ITIN for my wife to get her social security number, I will not receive any confirmation from the IRS for transcripts or the like. All I have is my customer copy of the 2012 tax returns and the ITIN that I submitted on behalf of my wife. Will this be sufficient for the interview, or should we reschedule for when we have all the documentation in hand?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sammy

Do NOT reschedule. Your copy of the returns is exactly what they are looking for. In my opinion, we place FAR too much emphasis on the value of transcripts - the return contains exactly the same information, with exactly the same weight, since you are effectively under oath when you submit documents.

• Like 1