Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Let's Go Racin Boys and Girls!

Feathers268

2 weeks ago was the Superbowl. Now it's time of more Sundays, and some Saturday as those good ole boys, and girls clime behind the wheel and participate in what has become one of the biggest sports in the US.(This year, Danika Patrick will be racing the whole season with the Sprint Cup) I started watching this little event back in 2001. FOX for the first time was goint to be covering NASCAR and started with the Daytona 500, known as the "Superbowl" of NASCAR, ironically the first race of the season. Yes, my first race was the one where Dale Earnheardt lost his life doing what he loved so much.

Through the years, I've become more of a fan. Now I rarely miss a race and the past 2 years even attended the California races. As I get ready to watch tonights Sprint Unlimited Race, with my M&Ms at the ready, I have started trying to figure out which races are within reason for me to attend. Looks like Pocono will be in my sights this June and August.

Jen is more of a passive fan. She really does't know Kyle Busch by name so she will just ask, "where is M&Ms?"

Well, they about to fire the engines so time to go and root for #18. So Boogity, Boogity Boogity! And see you at the checker! :happy2:

It looks like your car is out early tonight. I hope this is the year for Junior. I've been going to the races here at Texas MotorSpeedway since 96 or 97 and now we have 2 Sprint races a year and the Truck/Indy cars in June. My buddy and I have a couple of infield spots so we do not need to drive home in all of that traffic after the race!

That's the one thing I hate about restricter plate races. Guess there will be no repeat of last year's shootout. I hear you about the traffic. Last year it took Jen and I longer to get home than it did for them to run the Save Mart 350. I imagine Indy car would be more excitint on an oval like Texas. I got a free ticket for Sonoma, and it just wasn't that exciting on the road coarse. I keep warning Jen that one of these times I'll get down to Daytona for the 500. She hates to admit that she likes the short tracks and all of the beating and banging.

I am a little over two hours north of Talladega but, as you say, the traffic is a nightmare and a half. Growing up down in Florida, I used to go to the Daytona 500, starting in ninth grade and all the way through high school. I loved it. That was way back in the days before NASCAR became so popular. I also used to make it over to the Sebring race every year, although that was not NASCAR, but more of a road rally with open-wheel cars. Sebring was only about 50 miles from where I grew up. Daytona was a lot farther.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPwK6QCveqk

This was the scene from Daytona for the Nationwide series race today. For those who might not know NNS is like the minor leagues for NASCAR. This video is the race to the checker and a horrific crash at the finish. It is amazing that all of the drivers walked away. Unfortunatly, Kyle Larson's #32 car wound up in the catch fence where it was torn apart. It apears that possibly 15 to 20 fans were injured when debris flew into the stands inluding a front tire.

Something about these cars of tomorrow that just don't do what th eold ones did. It used to be when right next to the track a car going by made a thundering whish that shook the ground like a mini earthquake. Now all you here is very loud popping from the exhaust of the car. Just not the same. Still I watch sometimes.

I know the speeds don't allow it but I do miss the days of real cars taken off the showroom floor and modified. That would push car makers to make something we really like.

The Austrailian V8 Supercars interest me almost as much as NASCAR these days as they seem a bit more true production cars. Thank goodness they do have V8s.

I once had a 68'convertable and I loved the days of a 427 3two 435 horse run through side pipes Corvette sitting at an idle and vibrating the ground. Oh man do I miss those days. I swear though, the 2006 drop top vette I had with it's small block would run right with it though...but the 68' was just brute raw awesome power.

And now they have showroom stock 4 door Caddy's with supercharged V-8's that pump out 556 horses and can do 0-60 in 4 seconds. Yeee Hawww

tsap seui