DACA - The new "black hole"?

• 2 weeks later...

It probably would be faster if the petitioner can afford it, would be to move to China and teach English or reside there at least 6 months with spouse, and then file the I-130 petition DCF at consulate, it would avoid the USCIS NVC process all together.

I too have thought about this. In fact, that is what I was doing when we met. Here's another issue, though: How would you satisfy the financial requirements when you're only making the equivalent of a few hundred American dollars a month?

It probably would be faster if the petitioner can afford it, would be to move to China and teach English or reside there at least 6 months with spouse, and then file the I-130 petition DCF at consulate, it would avoid the USCIS NVC process all together.

I too have thought about this. In fact, that is what I was doing when we met. Here's another issue, though: How would you satisfy the financial requirements when you're only making the equivalent of a few hundred American dollars a month?

As other DCF people would do.

1. Have a joint sponsor in the USA or;
  2. Line up a state side job prior to visa interview showing a job offer letter, sometimes done by USC returning to USA after filing the petition or;
  3. Have enough liquid assets set aside that you could live off of for more than 3 years at 125% poverty level.

Lets hopee you guys filing now or in the near future don't get zapped with new crap. I hate the thought of you guys having to pay for other's sins. Hell, they are doing this crap, and letting illegals they've already caught, out of jail by the tens of thousands. If you're going to open the damned borders up, then just let the "legal" people who are trying to do it honestly in too.

Why do the criminals always get all of the rights? They aren't even sending these people back, just turning them loose on the damn street.

What is happening to the America we grew up in? Work hard, do the right things....and what do you get.....photo-thumb-3738.jpg?_r=0

tsap seui

• Like 2

Lately, I-130's filed on behalf of spouses have been sent to local USCIS field offices for adjudication instead of CSC (there are many discussions on VJ about this). I think VSC is still receiving I-130 for spouses, but I'm not sure.

Lately, I-130's filed on behalf of spouses have been sent to local USCIS field offices for adjudication instead of CSC (there are many discussions on VJ about this). I think VSC is still receiving I-130 for spouses, but I'm not sure.

Wouldn't that mean that they're being called in for an interview? This has happened VERY occasionally in the past, usually only for a felon, or some other major flag.

More recently, though, Sebastian (member name) was called in for an interview because of an expedite request.

Wouldn't that mean that they're being called in for an interview? This has happened VERY occasionally in the past, usually only for a felon, or some other major flag.

Nope, this has been happening since August and it's not because the petitioner is being called for an interview or any other major red flag. I-130's have been routed from the lockbox to the National Benefits Center in Missouri and they either stay there or they are sent to a local office for adjudication. As I previously referenced, there are many discussions on VJ about this.

Also, here is the official announcement from USCIS: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=c3c7ca7c5fed9310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=e7801c2c9be44210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Edited by Ryan H (see edit history)

Nope, this has been happening since August and it's not because the petitioner is being called for an interview or any other major red flag. I-130's have been routed from the lockbox to the National Benefits Center in Missouri and they either stay there or they are sent to a local office for adjudication. As I previously referenced, there are many discussions on VJ about this.

Also, here is the official announcement from USCIS: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=c3c7ca7c5fed9310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=e7801c2c9be44210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Well, that distinguishes this from the black hole back in 2002-2003 in that action IS being taken. Hopefully, it'll have a positive effect on processing times, but the confusion factor of giving work (I-130 processing) to centers that aren't used to performing that work is not a good sign. The net effect remains to be seen, as well as what else may be impacted.

An interesting tactic - Hold your breath.

Well, that distinguishes this from the black hole back in 2002-2003 in that action IS being taken. Hopefully, it'll have a positive effect on processing times, but the confusion factor of giving work (I-130 processing) to centers that aren't used to performing that work is not a good sign. The net effect remains to be seen, as well as what else may be impacted.

From some of the discussions on VJ, field offices are using dated field manuals; for example, field offices are issuing RFE's for the birth certificate of the beneficiary.

The field office in Atlanta has become a black hole if a file was unfortunate enough to end up there, someone posted that they were told that none of the I-130's that were sent there starting in August have been looked at.

From some of the discussions on VJ, field offices are using dated field manuals; for example, field offices are issuing RFE's for the birth certificate of the beneficiary.

The field office in Atlanta has become a black hole if a file was unfortunate enough to end up there, someone posted that they were told that none of the I-130's that were sent there starting in August have been looked at.

That makes it sound like something similar to what would happen if the Pentagon distributed its workload to all the high school ROTC classes around the country.