Chinese visa companies

My wife had used a marriage company that led to our meeting. Now that we are married and have started the visa process, her contact person with the company has given her the name of a company which helps procur visas.

I know nothing of these companies. I would appreciate any information concerning them. Are they a rip-off or do they provide a valuable service at a reasonable price? The specific company in question is ¹«Ë¾½Ð· ( YU CHENG).

Any information, in general about such companies as well if anyone knows something specific about this company would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rip off, all they do is ask a bunch of questions and fill out the forms that you can download and fill out yourself and send to USCIS in the USA, or if you live in China, you can file them at the US consulate in Beijing or Guangzhou. Also if a so called visa company makes any promises as in time or guarantees, run away quickly.

A good guide to this is here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

Also any question you can think of ask here and we all will guide you through this.

No one will work your application like you will yourself. You have at your hands the answers to every question you could imagine, right here on CFL. And, it's all for free. Plus, most everyone on here has gone through the experience of an interview, with most of the remaining old timers being much more in tune with the interview in Guangzhou than most all immigration attorneys and companies..

I can't count the number of mistakes made by immigration attorneys and visa procurement companies that we've read about from posters.

However you choose to do this, I advise studying up on the process in great detail so you can see how well your lawyer or company is doing, should you go that route. You could save yourself a major headache by being on top of the process.

Good luck

tsap seui

Like Dan said, Run!! And run fast from these visa company's

They will only steal your money and you will still end up here (CFL) asking why It didn't work for ya.

CFL is the ONLY place to get good,valid and up to date info to get you gal here in the U.S.

Just do all the paper work your self and save your self the stress.

Were here to help, For FREE!!

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)

The answers are pretty much what I had expected. I wasn't excited to learn that my wife had used a marriage broker and the first several contacts that I had were actually with the broker. My, now wife, told me that we had met through the broker on the first day of our meeting. She told me against advice from the company. Truthfully, if she hadn't told me when she did and I had found out later, we wouldn't be married now.

Even though my wife paid out a year-and-a-half worth of salary for the service, she believes she owes everything to the work of this company. We "met" on a social website when I was planning a trip to Japan. (I wasn't looking for a wife, just people to meet on my vacation.) The broker put her profile up and contacted everybody who met her clients parameters. (This of course didn't cost her company any money.) The only help that I can see is that the broker (in the guise of my wife) gave me the link to this website. However, she believes anything they tell her and wants to use them. The visa company promises that they pay all of the fees to the US government out of what we pay and that they handle all the work, including translation costs. They also say that we can have the visas (for her and her son who turns 21 in April) before her son turns 21.

Yes, I'm an eskimo looking for a deal on a refrigerator and I'm seriously in the market to buy the Brooklyn Bridge.

I forgot to mention that I was contemplating using them after my latest mistake. I had gone to one of the translations companies that the US embassy in Beijing had recommended to get my marriage book translated into English. Until I read a thread here today, I didn't realize that the white book was an actual book that the marriage registration office can supply. Sometimes, it's not knowing the right question to ask is what bites you.

Edited by antryg (see edit history)

The answers are pretty much what I had expected. I wasn't excited to learn that my wife had used a marriage broker and the first several contacts that I had were actually with the broker. My, now wife, told me that we had met through the broker on the first day of our meeting. She told me against advice from the company. Truthfully, if she hadn't told me when she did and I had found out later, we wouldn't be married now.

Even though my wife paid out a year-and-a-half worth of salary for the service, she believes she owes everything to the work of this company. We "met" on a social website when I was planning a trip to Japan. (I wasn't looking for a wife, just people to meet on my vacation.) The broker put her profile up and contacted everybody who met her clients parameters. (This of course didn't cost her company any money.) The only help that I can see is that the broker (in the guise of my wife) gave me the link to this website. However, she believes anything they tell her and wants to use them. The visa company promises that they pay all of the fees to the US government out of what we pay and that they handle all the work, including translation costs. They also say that we can have the visas (for her and her son who turns 21 in April) before her son turns 21.

Yes, I'm an eskimo looking for a deal on a refrigerator and I'm seriously in the market to buy the Brooklyn Bridge.

I forgot to mention that I was contemplating using them after my latest mistake. I had gone to one of the translations companies that the US embassy in Beijing had recommended to get my marriage book translated into English. Until I read a thread here today, I didn't realize that the white book was an actual book that the marriage registration office can supply. Sometimes, it's not knowing the right question to ask is what bites you.

One important thing you need to remember is that you are dealing with the Chinese government and the U.S. government and them ONLY!!!

Spend your money wisely and do you research here on CFL.

IMO and I'm sure others here on the forum will tell you the same that there has NEVER!! been a good out come with a visa service.

Just relax and do the paper work yourself and save yourself some money. (You'll need it latter)

BTW: Listen to Dan and Randy W. They will steer you in the right direction and can be very trusted.

Mike

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)

I have been a member of this site for almost ten years now, joining in December, 2002. I can only tell you what others have already said. You can find all the info you need on Candle and furthermore, you can discuss the particulars of your case with countless members who have been through the process and know angles, potential problems, and issues you can never dream of on your own. And visa services and attorneys will only take your money and give you minimal and often misleading services. Over the past decade I have seen repeated examples of errors by attorneys or visa services that have cost folks a chance to get a visa. Also, in case you wind up with a "blue slip," requesting further information or proof of bonafide relationship, there are many folks on this site who have had to go through that process as well. Good luck in your journey and welcome aboard.

I see a horrendous mistake on the part of the visa company already, you say son just under age 21?? There is NO WAY that they will be able to get a visa for him.

Only two ways that would have been able to immigrate the son.

1. Marriage had to take place BEFORE age 18, and US Citizen could petition for spouse and step child.
  2. OR if child is 18 - 20 US Citizen would file for K-1 and get a K-2 for child, and then marry AFTER fiancee and child are in the USA, and then file to adjust status before child turns 21.

All that can be done now is file for a spouse CR-1 visa, and once spouse is in the USA she would file a petition for her child, this will take years to get a visa for her son.

Other option is if son is able to get a student visa and go to school in the USA, perhaps may get lucky and be able to immigrate that way.

. . .

1. OR if child is 18 - 20 US Citizen would file for K-1 and get a K-2 for child, and then marry AFTER fiancee and child are in the USA, and then file to adjust status before child turns 21.

. . .

It's not relevant to this case, but don't forget that the policy now is that they can adjust status from a K-2 as long as they enter the U.S. before age 21. In other words,ANYONE who successfully enters on a K-2 visa is eligible to adjust status, since that exact limit also applies to the visa.