Guangzhou Update

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Onee half hour after the scheduled interview, Jingwen and the kids walk out with the visa slip in hand. :) :D :redblob: :redblob: :greenblob: :redblob:

We arrived at the gate at a little after 7:00, with JerryL's fiancee. Both entered about 7:45. Good thing - it is a bit cold and wet. Jerry's fiancee came out after about thirty mintues and said to wait (Jerry can fill you in on the details of his fiancee). About 9:00, Jingwen and the kids walk out, smiles on their faces and a big OK sign. VISA APPROVED.

The actual interview lasted aboput 10 minutes. the VO asked how we met, how many times I had been to China and how long I had stayed on each visit. He asked Jingwen if she spoke English, and she said that she does not understand English. He asked her if I spoke Chinese, and she said a little. He looked at several pictures and, boom, visa approved.

We had about 10 pounds of documents with us, and he didn't look at a single thing, not even the I-134. Go figure.

We did have a small scare at the hospital yesterday when we went to pick up the results of the medical exam and give them all the documents for them to assemble into a sealed brown envelope. They actually do a good job of putting together everything in order. I hope this makes it faster for others when they go through the process.

The lady at the hospital said the KK (the daughter) needed a certificate of singleness. I kept telling her that this was not required. Seems like you can't convince the hospital of anything. Anyway, she only noted on the form sheet that Jingwen had not signed a few of the documents (those requiring signature in front of a consular official), and she did sign these during the interview.

No question was raised by the VO about any of the documents. Seems like everything was in order from the get go. Anyway, it's done!!!!!!!!

We'll pick up the visa tomorrow and head to Zhanjiang to say goodbye to the family then off to America via SFO POE.

A big congrats, Frank! Looks like Jingwen got pretty much the same questions that Zheng Lin did. She (the VO) didn't look at any of our forms either... And I made Zheng Lin stay up the night before she left for Guangzhou going over all the supporting documents one by one with her... There goes my credibilty... :)

Jerry