Best way to buy Coffin nails and Hair of the Dog.

Want to take some Americian Cig's and liqur back to China. Do I buy it at the duty free shops at the airport in LA or wait till the shops in Vancouver, or buy it on the plane? Or walmart...:)

Also any brands better then other? I dont smoke or drink. (unless it's rum)

Robert the last trip that I took, out of all the 4 suitcases of stuff that we took for gifts, the most cherished was Hennessy XO.

My in-laws don't smoke than God. We did take about 3-4 times the legal amount of booze but had no problems what so ever and our bags were opened and had the inspection slip inside all 4 of them. I expect that the mileage will vary from family to family. The wife tells me that Marlboro is highly prized smokes. I don't know.

Larry

Edited by amberjack1234 (see edit history)

The biggest mistake anyone wanted to take gifts back to China, is buying them at the airport and on the plane, but I won't stop you if you do, if you like paying twice the normal price go ahead and buy them. Seriously, I traveled a great deal in Europe, name the Canary Islands, smokes there on the island were half the cost than you could purchase on the plane, you'd be surprise how many fools purchased goods on the plane, just because it was said Duty Free which was the same price in mainland Europe, even at the airport shops, you'll pay about 1/3 than normal for the same product outside the airport. Just be smart about what your going to take, and plan ahead, as Larry said, what ever it is, pack it your bagage.

A single pack today cost about $7.50, naturally you could buy them in China for about $2.00 a pack.

Yeah but we need USA Cancer sticks...

I checked with the local smoke shope in they are $59.00 a carton, Air Canada has them for 39.00 a carton and I can pre order them. so I think I will do that tomarrow.

:smoker: I flew over to China during the Chinese New Years and on the plane they where $27 a carton. I quit smoking :banned: nearly two years ago so I did noy buy any. My wife's family was hoping I would bring some American Marlboros for them as gifts. I did not want to take a chance buying any cigaretes again.

A single pack today cost about $7.50, naturally you could buy them in China for about $2.00 a pack.

Yeah but we need USA Cancer sticks...

I checked with the local smoke shope in they are $59.00 a carton, Air Canada has them for 39.00 a carton and I can pre order them. so I think I will do that tomarrow.

The many Chinese men that I know here in the states who smoke have their favorite Chinese brand. Personally, I doubt that Chinese dream of having a Marlboro nor even thought of it. Free smokes are free smokes. Just like any smoker anywhere, we have our brand that we smoke and ain't gonna change. Maybe having USA smokes might be a novelty, but why waste your money? Stick with a good American whiskey and you won't go wrong. The more expensive looking the bottle the better. In a gift box and they'll be the envy of everyone.