We got an interview!

So apparently when filing DCF Guangzhou is no longer sending P4s in the mail for CR1 applicants :) So today we received an email for the date and time of our visa appointment. March 6th! We are soo excited and all this has happened in such a short amount of time! Any important tips?

just curious...how come you get interview so quick in just about 3 months since u filed i-130? an immigration lawyer here in nyc file i-130 for me in dec. 4 2011 and so far i just recieived an confirmation letter back saying that they recieved my i-130 application. and my lawyer told me the whole process for the interview takes at least 9 months. so just curious as to y you are so lucky and got an interview in just 3 months?

So apparently when filing DCF Guangzhou is no longer sending P4s in the mail for CR1 applicants :) So today we received an email for the date and time of our visa appointment. March 6th! We are soo excited and all this has happened in such a short amount of time! Any important tips?

just curious...how come you get interview so quick in just about 3 months since u filed i-130? an immigration lawyer here in nyc file i-130 for me in dec. 4 2011 and so far i just recieived an confirmation letter back saying that they recieved my i-130 application. and my lawyer told me the whole process for the interview takes at least 9 months. so just curious as to y you are so lucky and got an interview in just 3 months?

The OP filed DCF which is a different process for those living abroad versus you having to file in the the US. The 9 months your lawyer quoted you is typical.

What is interesting is I know three couples interviewing last week and this week who filed DCF in July and August of last year. Their wait was very long for DCF. My wife interviewed 4 months after our initial DCF petition. The OP will have an interview in just over 2 months which is about the quickest I have seen.

Congratulations and Good Luck MN2!

To add to Beachey, I believe the Biometrics fee is waived, if I remember correctly.

To add to Beachey, I believe the Biometrics fee is waived, if I remember correctly.

Also the I-864 processing fee is waived in DCF cases.

All in all the DCF spouse visa process is the least expensive considering fees. Even less as in Kyle's case being married more than 2 years prior to arriving in the USA on the spouse visa, in that case there is not filing of an I-751 to remove conditions on a 2 year green-card.